Join TexasGunTalk

Would you ever leave your guns in your vehicle?

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by Higgins909, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Higgins909

Higgins909 Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Hutto
    I'm talking about leaving your guns in your vehicle either before or after having some range time. Maybe you need to pickup some ammo or stop run a quickish errand, visit some family or get some groceries or dinner after the range. What do you think? 99.9% of the time there is my safe for my CC, but it won't fit more then 1 gun, unless it was like a ruger lcp or something small like that. (I think I've taken up to 4 handguns to the range)

What do you do?
    Higgins909

2. ekim

ekim Active Member

Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    Either find a quite safe place to hide the guns under the rear seat or in the trunk or take them home and then go to the store.

EZ-E, 1911'S 4 Me and Low_Speed like this.
  3. texasnurse

texasnurse Well-Known

Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  4. Frank59

Frank59 NO MA'AM!! TGT Supporter

May 14, 2018
    Houston
    NEVER!

5. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I leave mine in the vehicle under those conditions all the time. Not intentionally but if I have to make a stop I don't sweat it.

Doors locked and truck running while I walk into the gas station when the fuel is pumping with gun cases in the back seat.

I am fully aware of the consequences but keep in mind I still live in a small town. Most of the people here don't even lock their doors (vehicles or houses), close the garage door, or put stuff away.

My town may or may not be your town.

6. Lonesome Dove

Lonesome Dove Active Member TGT Supporter

Sep 25, 2018
    Texas
    I have and will continue to do so. When traveling through states for hunting trips you have no other choice. Around town I’m good there as well.

MTA89 and toddnjoyce like this.
  7. TheMailMan

TheMailMan Well-Known

Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    All the time. There's a bunch of us that go out for a burger after a match. But we can see our vehicles from where we sit.

8. MTA89

MTA89 Lives in a van down by the river TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Almost Oklahoma
    I live in a small town too and I do similar. I don't make it a habit or anything but sometimes I have to stop to run in somewhere. I just lock the vehicle and park near the entrance

Southpaw likes this.
  9. Bozz10mm

Bozz10mm TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I would have no qualms about leaving my range stuff locked in the back of the Expedition for a few minutes while I run in to the convenience store. The only time I've done that is on the way home from the LGS with a new firearm. The windows are all tinted dark enough that you can't see what's back there. Nothing up front to indicate there are guns in the back. No NRA or 2A stickers on the vehicle.

I would not be comfortable going grocery shopping or running errands on the way home from the range tho. And I definitely wouldn't plan that way. I'm either going to the range, or going somewhere else, not in the same trip. Even if I wanted to, there is absolutely nothing between my house and the range. i would have to drive past home to get to town.

I don't have a dedicated truck gun. Nothing stays in the vehicles overnight.

Dad_Roman likes this.
  10. grumper

grumper Well-Known

Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Sometimes you have to. Restroom breaks, buying gas, getting lunch etc... Doesn't mean I like doing it though. I try to park where I can see the vehicle from inside the restaurant to make sure no lowlife is jacking around with the car.

Not ever leaving that stuff in the car over night, that shite's coming into the hotel room with me.