APOD Firearms

Would you get a Texas LTC if there was no fee paid to the state?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I will keep renewing my license if CC is finally signed into law. I will renew it whether or not it carries a fee.
    Because I like having the ability to purchase a firearm from an FFL and walking out with it a few minutes later.
    DK Firearms

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Aye Mike.... agreed, didn’t say anything about mandating and the guvment requiring. And I hope this CC goes through, doesn’t eliminate me being on high alert for my surroundings since everyone could then be armed whether they are proficient or not. Hopin’ they take individual responsibilities to be safe for themselves and everyone else around them.

I don’t think we will notice anything different. A bunch’s new inexperienced gun owners ain’t gonna decide to strap up just because they don’t have a license.

I can count on one hand how many people I have seen open carrying since it passed and I live in a semi rural area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I got my LTC recently and fully appreciate the experience. I've always had revolvers around the house and popped some holes in paper targets occasionally but this course made me really aware of the tremendous responsibility in carrying as the instructor only covered a few of the laws out of over 160 plus pages. I have a friend who enrolled himself, his wife and daughter in a separate LTC class and all had never handled a firearm but rented a 9mm the day of the class, and all qualified. To me that is BS. Their instructor told them the same thing I heard - everyone will pass. Were they told that if the firearm isn't connected to your body in a vehicle but laying on the seat next to you it must be concealed? I showed my wife a sign on a restaurant door today, one that amongst all the other signs about stuff would be missed. Licensed or unlicensed possession of a weapon on these premises is prohibited and is a Felony. How many CC folks would even notice it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I got my LTC recently and fully appreciate the experience. I've always had revolvers around the house and popped some holes in paper targets occasionally but this course made me really aware of the tremendous responsibility in carrying as the instructor only covered a few of the laws out of over 160 plus pages. I have a friend who enrolled himself, his wife and daughter in a separate LTC class and all had never handled a firearm but rented a 9mm the day of the class, and all qualified. To me that is BS. Their instructor told them the same thing I heard - everyone will pass. Were they told that if the firearm isn't connected to your body in a vehicle but laying on the seat next to you it must be concealed? I showed my wife a sign on a restaurant door today, one that amongst all the other signs about stuff would be missed. Licensed or unlicensed possession of a weapon on these premises is prohibited and is a Felony. How many CC folks would even notice it.

Is this what the sign actually said?

ETA: Ninja'd.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Is this what the sign actually said?

ETA: Ninja'd.

Actually we were inside and I was trying to read it backwards but got the point after the Felony Warning which caught my eye. Folks at next table thought I was staring at them but I explained I wasn't. I can assure you it was making the point about licensed or unlicensed possession very clearly of which they can do. Even if they wrote it on a paper towel outside the door, it stands. Correct me if wrong...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I can assure you it was making the point about licensed or unlicensed possession very clearly of which they can do. Even if they wrote it on a paper towel outside the door, it stands. Correct me if wrong...

You need to study up on the requirements for legal notification. Sorry - but you're just wrong.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Actually we were inside and I was trying to read it backwards but got the point after the Felony Warning which caught my eye. Folks at next table thought I was staring at them but I explained I wasn't. I can assure you it was making the point about licensed or unlicensed possession very clearly of which they can do. Even if they wrote it on a paper towel outside the door, it stands. Correct me if wrong...
    You are wrong

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    FYI - the EXACT wording required is:

"Pursuant to Section 30.06 (Trespass by License Holder With a Concealed Handgun), Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411 (Department of Public Safety of the State of Texas), Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"

Sounds to me like you were reading the warning about unlicensed carry - because licensed carry in a 30.06 posted establishment is a Misdemeanor.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

They already have....

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Hey, I can always accept being wrong about something. But what I saw is what I saw so the establishment needs to upgrade the sign maybe. But as I understand it from a very well qualified instructor, he tried to carry in a place that didn't even have a 51/50 sign (who does) and somehow they saw his concealed firearm, showed him their handmade sign and he left to secure his firearm in his vehicle and came back inside. I would assume that would apply even at a friend or others....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hey, I can always accept being wrong about something. But what I saw is what I saw so the establishment needs to upgrade the sign maybe. But as I understand it from a very

With all due respect, you can't even tell us exactly what you saw - further, you did nothing to inspect it further on your way out. I do so at all times, and am always cognizant of all signage. Yes, they CAN give you verbal notice - but first they have to notice it on you - and most aren't that observant.

As far as the "51/50" sign...my friend, I am NOT trying to bust your chops here, but when you're going to come onto a site and tell folks that've been legally CC'ing for 25 years something, you really need to be sure of what you're saying. The ONLY legal gun buster sign that mentions "felony" is for unlicensed carry in a place that serves or sells alcohol. The "51%" sign applies only to licensed places whose receipts equal in excess of 51% of their sales. There is NO "50% sign" - period.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Hey, I can always accept being wrong about something. But what I saw is what I saw so the establishment needs to upgrade the sign maybe. But as I understand it from a very well qualified instructor, he tried to carry in a place that didn't even have a 51/50 sign (who does) and somehow they saw his concealed firearm, showed him their handmade sign and he left to secure his firearm in his vehicle and came back inside. I would assume that would apply even at a friend or others....
    I gather you were reading the TABC Blue sign, fairly standard and doesn't apply to those with LTC. If CC passes I don't know if this would apply to those without a LTC. It says carry is a felony. CC folks may not know the legality of some of these signs.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Telling him is legal notification, even without a sign.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Telling him is legal notification, even without a sign.
    Please explain. The place doesn't have a TABC sign and verbal notice of TABC violation is legal notice? I don't understand. Verbal notice of 30.06/07 I agree but TABC?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    you can give verbal notice to gtfo of your establishment if you dont like their haircut and if they dont leave they are trespassing and if they come back with out a fresh coif they are trespassing. whether or not their is signage approved by the Texas Advisory Board on Barbering

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    If asked to leave yes otherwise it is trespassing.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    With all due respect, you can't even tell us exactly what you saw - further, you did nothing to inspect it further on your way out. I do so at all times, and am always cognizant of all signage. Yes, they CAN give you verbal notice - but first they have to notice it on you - and most aren't that observant.

As far as the "51/50" sign...my friend, I am NOT trying to bust your chops here, but when you're going to come onto a site and tell folks that've been legally CC'ing for 25 years something, you really need to be sure of what you're saying. The ONLY legal gun buster sign that mentions "felony" is for unlicensed carry in a place that serves or sells alcohol. The "51%" sign applies only to licensed places whose receipts equal in excess of 51% of their sales. There is NO "50% sign" - period.

I am not trying to start anything here. We are all afforded a public forum here at TGT where Texans can discuss opinions, ideas, law interpretations, etc. I came here to learn more than anything else. I can gladly go back and take a pic of their sign just for this message, maybe it will read different from the other side, but my interpretation remains even reading backwards as does my wife's. And I've never seen a 51/50 sign either. This is a discussion and you proved my point and thank you for that !! We can all still learn !!!

Top Bottom