• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Would have scared the sheet out of me. I bet he wouldn't be doing that for very long if he had been doing it in Texas.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I would......................... not know. I have never been in a situation like that armed. I would however have pulled my knife. Hey it's better than a bare knuckles match with a machete.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Staged. Like they didn't notice him him standing right there in front of the adjacent elevator. Come on now guys...

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I think it's most likely all the other guys were friends of his. I kind of doubt he just went into public and randomly did that to people. You could clearly see that any of the guys pressing the button to the elevator would have easily seen him, as in there is no possible way he was hiding behind that 1 foot corner. ;)

If that situation were real, what I would like to think I would do is the support hand flies up to sacrifice itself unless I'm able to deflect the slash, while simultaneously moving off the line and primary hand drawing the gun. No shots to the body, mag dump to the face. At that range, body shots are too slow to disable, and a head shot is the only thing that can nearly instantaneously stop someone when done correctly. In reality though, I would most likely jump up and scream like a little girl, probably piss myself, and maybe blow a hole through the floor as I try to draw with my finger on the trigger, and the crime scene techs would probably spend a decade trying to figure out how I fired 25 times (single stack), including 2 reloads, without hitting a damn thing even at 3 feet. lol

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I would have drawn and shot in fear of my life. How stupid can people be???

If someone shot this guy dead I can't possibly see any DA in the country prosecuting it. Especially with the video evidence of him chasing people with a freaking machete!!!

It is staged.

And in Texas being in fear of your life is NOT a justification for using deadly force. That might describe your feeling when you are justified, but it is not your justification.

If you ever ride in the car with my sister you will be in fear of your life, but that does not mean you can shoot her. ;)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It is staged.

And in Texas being in fear of your life is NOT a justification for using deadly force. That might describe your feeling when you are justified, but it is not your justification.

If you ever ride in the car with my sister you will be in fear of your life, but that does not mean you can shoot her. ;)

Well said.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If that situation were real, what I would like to think I would do is the support hand flies up to sacrifice itself unless I'm able to deflect the slash, while simultaneously moving off the line and primary hand drawing the gun.

Nope. Step up nose to nose with him and keep it that way. It's easier to use a gun when you're belly-to-belly than it is to use a machete. Ditto for a baseball bat. If it's gotta be swung to be effective, step inside the swing.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I think I would have jumped up, yelled, then either
    1. run like I was being chased by a crazy guy with a machete
    2. Grab his machete and start punching for dear life.

I don't know if it would be a good idea to go for a gun if they guy was two feet from you with a bladed weapon but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't think it through if it happened..

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    That was stagged. There was bound to be somebody that would have stood and fought out of fear. everyone in the vid just ran.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I would have drawn and shot in fear of my life. How stupid can people be???

If someone shot this guy dead I can't possibly see any DA in the country prosecuting it. Especially with the video evidence of him chasing people with a freaking machete!!!

Think the OP is saying "what if". Not, is this staged, will he win an Oscar, etc..

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    DCortez said:
    Think the OP is saying "what if". Not, is this staged, will he win an Oscar, etc..

You are correct. ;)

I know it's staged...any dummy can see that. But the question's still a good one IMO...what would you do?

Top Bottom