Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

• Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

Votes: 69 95.8%
    • Do you think such an organization would be a waste of time?

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Where do we start on this? And what will we call it?

I will definatley help out with anything.

Guy's to give you a heads up on whats being done, Im sending fisherman777 the money next week to build the site. The site will be set up kinda like the azcdl. org site. It wont have a chat room because the Texas gun Talk serves that purpose.. If everything checks out, the organization will be called Texas Citizens Defence League, TXCDL...
    Freedom of choice for Texans who haven't done anything wrong and Stiff, Harsh punishment for those who have is what the organization is all about. Since the AZCDL has become such a sucess, modeling the TXCDL after them would be a great benefit to us all.
    I have contacted some Sheriff's from my surrounding counties and a Texas Ranger who is a friend of mine. These are all people I admire and all of them have been a great benefit to the Texas Community.. These guy's are excited to see this happen.
    Our Member West Texas has a lot to offer this organization, I was very impressed to find out about the background he has. He will play a key roll in organizing the TXCDL and getting the members part established. With help of the Texas Gun Talk community, this will become a new era for Texas... Several members have taken a personal interest in getting this going , and we will !!!
    The TXCDL will operate on one specific goal, the interest of all Texans! Making Texas the best it can be and fighting those who challenge our rights.
    A lot of people are behind this already, and its off to a great start.
    When the website is up and running it will be posted right here, at the place the TXCDL was established..
    " Everything on the site will be spelled right of cource"
    Capitol Armory ad

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Citizens for Texas Gun Rights

The name needs to be something that doesn't appear combative if we are to ever be taken seriously.

A few of use have discussed "what to call it'.. Not to shoot anyones names down, but the simple solution was to call it what its modeled after. It was inspired after the Arizona Citizens Defence league, and since several other states have started their own Citizens Defence Laegues, the choice of Texas Citizens Defence league was pretty clear. It looks like this effort will become a large group shared by several states. As a combined effort and the goals of people from other state will be a benefit to us. The AZCDL has had a lot of good sucess and they have also offered us the help we need to ensure our own.. The CDL's are a growing community across the country and we all have the same goal.
    Dont forget, fighting for Gun Rights also needs us to address Laws for punishing those who commit gun crimes.. After all, we support punishing criminals, not honest citizens...

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    In coming up with a name, we need to keep in mind that there is more to defending our rights, our state and our country than just the gun rights...immagration is a big issue that needs to be addressed, as well as a judicial system that needs to be reminded that they are NOT paid to legislate from the bench...and other areas of defending our rights that would take to long to list. BUT, by concentrating on DEFENDING our rights and each other, we ALSO keep from being labeled as just another wack job gun group...even though our rights to defend ourselves is made possible by the 2nd amendment and gun laws are a cornerstone of everything we would like to accomplish

How about something simple, following Arizona and several other states lead and calling it:

The Texas Citizens Defense Initiative

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    A few of use have discussed "what to call it'.. Not to shoot anyones names down, but the simple solution was to call it what its modeled after. It was inspired after the Arizona Citizens Defence league, and since several other states have started their own Citizens Defence Laegues, the choice of Texas Citizens Defence league was pretty clear. It looks like this effort will become a large group shared by several states. As a combined effort and the goals of people from other state will be a benefit to us. The AZCDL has had a lot of good sucess and they have also offered us the help we need to ensure our own.. The CDL's are a growing community across the country and we all have the same goal.
    Dont forget, fighting for Gun Rights also needs us to address Laws for punishing those who commit gun crimes.. After all, we support punishing criminals, not honest citizens...

Hey Mr Redneck......just a thought, but we might want to call it Texas Citizens defense league, otherwise, if we call it Texas citizens defence league, they might think we can't spell ! JUST KIDDING !

I pm'd you, by the way.

If you look at AZCDLs logo, on their site, imagine what the Texas one will look like. In my mind,...very cool

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    In coming up with a name, we need to keep in mind that there is more to defending our rights, our state and our country than just the gun rights...immagration is a big issue that needs to be addressed, as well as a judicial system that needs to be reminded that they are NOT paid to legislate from the bench...and other areas of defending our rights that would take to long to list. BUT, by concentrating on DEFENDING our rights and each other, we ALSO keep from being labeled as just another wack job gun group...even though our rights to defend ourselves is made possible by the 2nd amendment and gun laws are a cornerstone of everything we would like to accomplish

How about something simple, following Arizona and several other states lead and calling it:

TCDI sounds good to me. As long as we have a Texas citizens Defense part, I think we'll be just fine. Thats what its all about, Citizens Defense.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    There's been some talk in the thread at http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...t-another-open-carry-thread-1.html#post189614 about starting a Texas Citizens Defense League, similar to the Arizona Citizens Defense League.

We'd be starting from scratch, but would have the support of the AZCDL and possibly other state CDL's. The original goal would be to push for open carry, but all other gun related legislation would be fought for - including parking lot carry, campus carry, repealing the 51% provision, etc.
    yesssssss sir

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R

I agree that there are lots of things that are of concern to us (our open border get me going too) but let's remember that the reason that the Arizona group is so successful is that they concentrate on one thing. If we concentrate on the one thing at a time (everything to do with gun rights in Texas) and do it well, I think we'll have a lot more success.

[BoT] Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Bastrop, Texas
    I agree that there are lots of things that are of concern to us (our open border get me going too) but let's remember that the reason that the Arizona group is so successful is that they concentrate on one thing. If we concentrate on the one thing at a time (everything to do with gun rights in Texas) and do it well, I think we'll have a lot more success.
    I agree. I think the group should only concern itself with the rights of citizens to own weapons. Though I think that should also include fighting laws that ban/restrict bladed weapons as well.

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm very surprised that we don't have a chapter of Gun Owners of America here in Texas. Many states have their own affiliate to this no holds barred, one issue national organization. GOA could be an outstanding resource for a new Texas organization that is only interested in protecting rights, not youth hunting and B.B. gun competition!

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    I'm very surprised that we don't have a chapter of Gun Owners of America here in Texas. Many states have their own affiliate to this no holds barred, one issue national organization. GOA could be an outstanding resource for a new Texas organization that is only interested in protecting rights, not youth hunting and B.B. gun competition!

Im ahead of ya on that one to..

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    ...only interested in protecting rights, not youth hunting and B.B. gun competition!

Yes. I keep telling people that the 2nd isn't about our right to hunt or plink at soda cans out in the woods or even self defense. (Although you could include those.) The 2nd is basicly our right to revolt. Without our weapons (clubs, guns, swords, rocks, etc), our right to revolt would be a joke.

"Why is that so important?" they ask. I won't give the answer here. We know but when I try to give the answer, some get it a few don't. Some take a while to come around.

Even more important than all of this... Trust God. His plan is unfolding just as He said it would. I've read all the way to the end. God wins!

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    [BoT] Jack;190367 said:
    I agree. I think the group should only concern itself with the rights of citizens to own weapons. Though I think that should also include fighting laws that ban/restrict bladed weapons as well.

Anti Blade Laws Suck!!!! They are every bit as pointless as gun laws. I want to be able to have nice large survival knives and what not in my car.

So this group is going to focus on the 2nd amendment which includes blades and alternative weapons like ASPs, batons, pepper spray, etc??

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Yes. I keep telling people that the 2nd isn't about our right to hunt or plink at soda cans out in the woods or even self defense. (Although you could include those.) The 2nd is basicly our right to revolt. Without our weapons (clubs, guns, swords, rocks, etc), our right to revolt would be a joke.

"Why is that so important?" they ask. I won't give the answer here. We know but when I try to give the answer, some get it a few don't. Some take a while to come around.

Even more important than all of this... Trust God. His plan is unfolding just as He said it would. I've read all the way to the end. God wins!

Yes he does......

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Anti Blade Laws Suck!!!! They are every bit as pointless as gun laws. I want to be able to have nice large survival knives and what not in my car.

So this group is going to focus on the 2nd amendment which includes blades and alternative weapons like ASPs, batons, pepper spray, etc??

True enough. I'd like to carry a Magnum Tanto XII.

Top Bottom