Target Sports

Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

• Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

Votes: 69 95.8%
    • Do you think such an organization would be a waste of time?

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

Clay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Texas
    I’m in.

I suggest we stay with the name Texas Citizens Defense League, TXCDL, because it follows the format of what has gone before.

We need to concentrate our efforts on one thing at a time. I believe our priority should be:
    1. Keep a gun, concealed, in your car in the employee parking lot.
    2. Open carry.
    3. Knives.

This is not the order some have suggested but I believe the parking lot issue is more important because we now are forcing CHLs to go unarmed a large amount of their time; and in the case of many persons at a time most dangerous.

I want open carry for the reason that if some part of my gun happens to be seen by a screaming anti soccer mom I’m still legal.

Knives because in some places the pocket knife I carry may be construed to be a weapon.
    Texas SOT

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    True enough. I'd like to carry a Magnum Tanto XII.

I don't have a CHL yet so my EDC is a 5.5" Cold Steel Espada. Since I go to college, and I wont be able to carry a gun on campus anyway this knife is as good as it gets weapon wise. When I do get my CHL i will be carrying an OD green Glock 29 baby!!!
    62nl.jpg

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I think we should definitely argue that the second amendment also includes blades and other weapons, often times 2a support groups only care about guns and leave knives to get shit all over.

[BoT] Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Bastrop, Texas
    This is not the order some have suggested but I believe the parking lot issue is more important because we now are forcing CHLs to go unarmed a large amount of their time; and in the case of many persons at a time most dangerous.
    I disagree. I think open carry is the bigger issue myself.

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    New to this great site but would love to participate in a TXCDL and would even be happy to provide free hosting for the site as I am in the web hosting business.

codeman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    TX
    I’m in.

I suggest we stay with the name Texas Citizens Defense League, TXCDL, because it follows the format of what has gone before.

We need to concentrate our efforts on one thing at a time. I believe our priority should be:
    2. Open carry.
    3. Knives.

I want open carry for the reason that if some part of my gun happens to be seen by a screaming anti soccer mom I’m still legal.

Knives because in some places the pocket knife I carry may be construed to be a weapon.

I agree with the first two priorities, but in my opinion knifes should be 4th on the list. Item 3 should be the so called “gun free zones”. Bars, banks, post offices, schools, sporting events, the list goes on and on. And when some nut job out there decides to murder a bunch of people in cold blood does he go to the grocery store or the mall, hell no he goes to a gun free zone so no one shoots back. Think about our recent history of attacks; schools, government buildings and don’t forget where we got the term “going postal”. LEO’s can carry in these locations and so should we if we’re licensed to carry.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I don't have a CHL yet so my EDC is a 5.5" Cold Steel Espada. Since I go to college, and I wont be able to carry a gun on campus anyway this knife is as good as it gets weapon wise. When I do get my CHL i will be carrying an OD green Glock 29 baby!!!
    62nl.jpg

Gosh, What a cheese cutter ! I usta think I was a brave go getter but it somebody flicked that dude open at me I reckon if I didn;t have a pistol, I'd just "kara chogi" as the Koreans say, Get the eff outta there... haha

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    2. Open carry.
    3. Knives.

TSRA is already fighting the parking lot battle. We can support them, but let them lead that fight. I'd like to see abolishment of gun free zones and constitutional carry be the main focus of TXCDL.

I agree that "arms" in 2A doesn't just refer to firearms, so once the gun issues are conquered I would like to see similar progress for knives. There is one fantastic law that nullifies laws local governments make regarding firearms that are stricter than the state law. We desperately need a law like that for knives as well. Then focus on removing restrictions from state law.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Im in let me know what we need and ill try to take care of it on my end as well. But we do have to make sure we do this in a very legit way as not to be deemed "an evil bunch of gun toter's" by those around us, that would defeat the purpose.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Im in let me know what we need and ill try to take care of it on my end as well. But we do have to make sure we do this in a very legit way as not to be deemed "an evil bunch of gun toter's" by those around us, that would defeat the purpose.

Every libtard in Texas will hate what this organization does. When that happens, i'll show em my little grin....
    Sgt., Texas is big, we'll need group leaders from one end to the other.
    army.gif

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    How about ....here it comes

Gun Owners Advocates of Texas...G.O.A.T.

Nah...Not a good idea.

Actually there was a Texas Citizens Defence League or TXCDL a few years ago that went kaput after just a short haul. I suggest another name.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    How about ....here it comes

Gun Owners Advocates of Texas...G.O.A.T.

Nah...Not a good idea.

Actually there was a Texas Citizens Defence League or TXCDL a few years ago that went kaput after just a short haul. I suggest another name.

G.O.A.T.!?! Now why didn't I think of that? Whatdaya think guys?

Well, if I may kinda spill the beans. I spoke with Mr Redneck and he likes it so I'll ask you fellows what you think. Lone Star Citizens Defence League There are a few reasons that this name is better.

1. There was an organization by that name started and it fizzled and we thought to have a fresh start and avoid any questions about the old one.
    2. There is another organization with a name almost identical and the presiden of that org is extremely anti-open carry and bans people from his forum for even disagreeing with him.
    3. When registering a domain, you want one that's easy to remember and easy for everyone to spell. All variations of txcdl were taken so I research some other names and found that lonestarcdl org, net and com were available. I just registered them all. It's easy to remember and spell and it's not overly long. People don't like to remember and type a long url.
    One thing I'm hoping is that cdl isn't confused too much with "commercial drivers license". I guess the good thing is that if it is, they might browse the site and join us. I talked with one of the lobbyists for the Arizona CDL this morning about some specific legal considerations before they published their website and some other things and I know a couple of others here have been talking with them as well. They said that they would give us all the help we need with this thing. We'll need it.

There's a whole lot more but I don't want to write a book in one post.

This one will not fizzle out. We won't let it. This one will be for all of our rights. Not just the rights that the government thinks they can dole out. We're going to march up those capital steps, look them right in the eye and say, "Yur not the boss of me!". LOL Okay, maybe I shouldn't speak in public.

I hope everyone joins in. That's all I have to say about that.

[BoT] Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Bastrop, Texas
    I like it. LSCDL almost like LSD but with life saving side effects! ;P

I can provide man power for most things that go down in Austin, like if we ever decide to have a rally or something in Austin, I'll be very happy to help out. Not only am I a pretty big man, I might be able to get some assistance from some people that I am fairly sure would be more than happy to support the cause.

In short: I'm offering to be the heavy lifter. :P

Top Bottom