Capitol Armory ad

Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

• Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

Votes: 69 95.8%
    • Do you think such an organization would be a waste of time?

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    [BoT] Jack;191212 said:
    I'm not sure how having a gun at a meeting is going to produce a revenue stream for the group.
    eusa_eh.gif

You lost me somewhere. Anyhow, revenue isnt a issue right now. That will be established after everything is up and going.
    And yea, all meeting will have guns at them. We will be on property we controll. Such as in West Texas, we can use my shop that has a 5 acre yard and a park in the middle of it. If I say bring your guns thats fine, because we are in controll of the property..
    As for money, right now I aint worried about it..
    Guns International

[BoT] Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Bastrop, Texas
    I think you misinterpreted my second to last post. My reply saying that's what I like to hear, was in response to your reply to my post stating that some legitimate members may not be able to afford a gun which was a response to the rule that all attendees at meetings bring their weapons.

meeting will require you to bring your firearm [...] to get in.
    [BoT] Jack;191157 said:
    What about those out there that simply can't afford [a gun]?.
    Damn good point. In that case dont worry about it. Organized meeting are simply a method to keep the trash out. Anyone that supports Constitutional Gun Rights, and Constitutional Law is welcome no matter what.
    [BoT] Jack;191207 said:
    Exactly what I like to hear.
    0439.png
    I do plan on supporting the group financially where possible, however I wont be able to do much in that regard. Where I will be able to help out is as an extra body. I have a lot of free time, and will be able to offer that in support of the group.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I firmly believe and stick by this. The most important item we could ever push is the elimination of GUN-FREE ZONES!!!

Then this may not be the group for you. Because the focus of this group is to legalize Open Carry. Period. You start splitting goals, you lose focus. Lose focus, and those against ANY of our ideas will divide and conquer us.

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    While eliminating gun-free zones is a worthy cause, it may be best to let the campus carry pass and have a year or two showing no negative impact and then push to expand carry rights to other existing gun-free zones.

If our focus is on open-carry, then we may get it passed prior to gun-free zone removal and then have it apply along with chl in those previously defense-free zones.

Sticking to a single goal at a time is a smart way to accomplish more in the long run.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Perhaps we should have two goals at a time. We could really be pushing on one and have the other as a secondary that we don't push as hard. That way, when one gets done, we can immediately jump on the other without having to discuss it. We would then be able to discuss our next secondary goal.

I also think there should be a membership fee, something very, very minimal. There could always be exceptions or, for some, a payment plan that won't break the bank, and be very forgiving with requirements to pay. Say $10 per year membership fee with 90 days to pay with an extension of another 90 days if needed.

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    Perhaps we should have two goals at a time. We could really be pushing on one and have the other as a secondary that we don't push as hard. That way, when one gets done, we can immediately jump on the other without having to discuss it. We would then be able to discuss our next secondary goal.

While I am sure having a list of prioritized goals in place is a great idea, so as to be able to quickly move on to next goal when first is accomplished, I don't think that having 2 goals pursued at a time would be beneficial.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I think it is better to have two goals set up. When the main goal is accomplished, then you have already been discussing the next with the legislators and they won't feel blindsided. With only one subject working at a time, although they will probably know that something else is coming, they won't know what.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I know knives are down on the list but there's something I really don't understand. Why did they make switchblades illegal?
    It's because those dirty WOPs use them. Civilized white people wouldn't carry such a thing...

Of course I don't believe that. Just trying to illustrate that most laws of that nature are due to a mistrust of a certain group of people or even the general population as a whole. To sum it up with one word... elitism.

...and yes, knives are very far down the list. I think OC with no license is issue #1. No reason not to have a long term plan, tho

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    the focus of this group is to legalize Open Carry. Period. You start splitting goals, you lose focus. Lose focus, and those against ANY of our ideas will divide and conquer us.
    I strongly agree that only one issue should be worked at a time. I don't see a problem with leaving the future open, however. Remember this new group is being formed because the TSRA basically said "we don't care about open carry". If they had said "we're going to work on the parking lot and campus issues first, then tackle open carry" they probably wouldn't be losing support like they are in this thread.

I also think there should be a membership fee, something very, very minimal. There could always be exceptions or, for some, a payment plan that won't break the bank, and be very forgiving with requirements to pay. Say $10 per year membership fee with 90 days to pay with an extension of another 90 days if needed.
    I agree there should be a membership fee of some sorts. You need a little something to just cover the admin costs. I'd be willing to sponsor a few people's memberships if they couldn't afford it. Also maybe have some sort of volunteer system so that people could "work off" their membership instead of pay for it.

I don't agree at all that there should be a test or any other requirements to join, other than being a legal resident of Texas. ...and why would a CHL be required? Isn't that what we're trying to ultimately fix? The need to have one in the first place?

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    So, I guess when we get open carry, we just disband, go home and revel in our glory.

Yup! I'll jump on Silver Trigger and ride off into the sunset. Seriously, I think there will be lots of related things to champion. Do one thing, do it very well and then move on to the next item.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Yup! I'll jump on Silver Trigger and ride off into the sunset. Seriously, I think there will be lots of related things to champion. Do one thing, do it very well and then move on to the next item.

I feel the same way. Although, the way TR said it, it seems that once we get OC, it's over.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Guys, let me tell you a little something about groups such as this. They get started with the best of intentions. Then they start broadening their agendas, and:

1. Their core message becomes dilluted by other issues.

2. Those out to corrupt the main goal use these side issues to detour folks from the primary focus.

3. Others, with their own agendas, join our group seeing a ready-made organization to champion THEIR cause.

4. Still others - the REAL fringe elements, join in and further confuse the issues with all kinds of off-the-wall ideas/suggestions/causes, creating discord within the group.

5. Yet other factions will join with the ultimate goal of destroying us from within, and will use those from scenarios above, or create their own - and ultimately discredit the entire group and the ideas it tried to put across.

Do one thing. Do it well. Let others do what they wish. Define you goal and path, and never stray from it - because to do so WILL bring you down.

Doubt me? Ask many of the 60's groups that got infiltrated by various government agencies.....

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Guys, let me tell you a little something about groups such as this. They get started with the best of intentions. Then they start broadening their agendas, and:

2. Those out to corrupt the main goal use these side issues to detour folks from the primary focus.

3. Others, with their own agendas, join our group seeing a ready-made organization to champion THEIR cause.

4. Still others - the REAL fringe elements, join in and further confuse the issues with all kinds of off-the-wall ideas/suggestions/causes, creating discord within the group.

5. Yet other factions will join with the ultimate goal of destroying us from within, and will use those from scenarios above, or create their own - and ultimately discredit the entire group and the ideas it tried to put across.

Do one thing. Do it well. Let others do what they wish. Define you goal and path, and never stray from it - because to do so WILL bring you down.

Doubt me? Ask many of the 60's groups that got infiltrated by various government agencies.....

You're absolutely right. I've thought of that and discussed it a little bit with Mr Redneck. Trouble makers will be identified and ejected so fast, it'll make their heads swim.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas

Very well said Sir.

Unit cohesion will have to be considered, and the core reason for being will have to be adhered to. With the state legislators meeting every 2 years there will be plenty of time to consider our next goal.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Although, the way TR said it, it seems that once we get OC, it's over.

It will never be over until we start putting politicians in federal prison for abusing their power and creating unconstitutional laws that violate people's civil rights. Remember what a wise man once said about Republics and "if you can keep it". ;)

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    It will never be over until we start putting politicians in federal prison for abusing their power and creating unconstitutional laws that violate people's civil rights. Remember what a wise man once said about Republics and "if you can keep it". ;)

Now that's my kind of talk. Quick and mean.

OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia

Getting OC is just the beginning. Then you have to keep it. And start hanging, at least figuratively, a whole bunch of politicians, bad cops, bad DA's and bad judges.

They need to be made to understand that if they keep messing up the consequences will be quite substantial. and Very Unpleasant.

Top Bottom