• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm posting this for Iraq Ninja over on M4C.net. Lets send our prayers and support everyone! This guy Nick is a real fighter, especially considering the dire situation he's in. Please keep this thread on topic and civil:

Hey all,
    For those that haven't heard, we had a helicopter accident a couple of weeks ago that left one of my friends dead, and another severely injured. Below is our latest update from Nick's father. I know most of you don't know Nick, but he is a really great young guy that will need a ton of support in the coming months. Like his father, I would like to flood his room with cards, toys, pictures, flags, whatever you can think of to send. He is recovering from severe burns on 70% of his body, so don't send flowers as they could cause an infection which is his biggest worry. Tell your friends at work, church, neighbors, the guy at the liquor store( Nick likes vodka), cops, crackheads, everyone in your email list, and anyone that can spare a few minutes and a card telling Nick to get well. He is a Marine that served over here with the 5th Marine Regiment before he started contracting, so if you know any Marines, tell them too. At the bottom of the page is his hospital address.
    Thanks,
    Todd G

=======

Nick had surgery today. I spoke to him beforehand and he looked strong.. I was with him 9 hours later and he took it like a Marine. They took the burnt skin off his back then flipped him over gave him a traceodomy(sp) then removed his right leg between the angle and knee. Then his left arm between his elbow between his elbow and wrist (closer to the wrist), Then removed his fingers and thumb from his right hand. They think that the thumb muscle in that right hand is dead and may remove his right hand Thursday. I don't know how many of you guys are good at praying but it would be sooooooo good if his thumb muscle and partial right hand can be salvaged. That is based on mondern prosetics technology. I know this is sad news but the other option is death. If he makes it, he will be able to walk, talk, see, drive, f*ck, have a wife and kids.

Assuming Nick makes it there are things we will need rolling forward. Near term: lets get the cards rolling,lets fill his room up as I am taping them to his wall, irrevrent is fine if not preferred. Once he is brought out of the heavy drug phase which should be within in 2 weeks, visits from his boys would be good.

Thank you. Stay alert and safe.

Ed Leotti

Nick Leotti
    Tampa General Hospital Burn ICU
    Room 606
    1 Tampa General Circle
    Tampa, FL 33606
    Guns International

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Come on people! Take just 5 minutes out of your day and write a letter or something please. It may not seem like much, but it adds up and I'm sure it will mean a lot to Nick receiving dozens if not hundreds of letters or even more.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    Cool. I'll find a card for him with some titties. Ive got another buddy thats with Blackwater in Afghanistan right now and sent him the link. Im sure he would like to hear from one of his own also.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well, I'm sad to say, I just found out today that Nick passed away 2 days ago. For those of you that would like to, please say a prayer for him. For anyone that may happen to be in the area and interested in attending his funeral, the details will be posted here soon:

CaringBridge / nickleotti / Welcome

I realize this is out of state but, I figure as long as I can help get the word out, if it garners the support of even one person then that's better than nothing. God speed Nick.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    BootsHelmetRifle.jpg

(silence)

Top Bottom