• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    My girlfriend bought me a turret press kit for christmas which will arrive sometime in Feb or March. I don't plan on reloading my first loads until this time next year or later. I will not be shooting until probably 2022 at this rate and that does not bother me. That's the way it is right now, this is an unprecedented shortage. It's too bad Trump didn't win the Presidency this probably would have been over by March, at this rate we'll be lucky if it's ever over.
    I knew backorders were crazy but dang that's a long time to wait for a press.
    Lynx Defense

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Has anyone heard of Zincpoint.com? They had small pistol primers 3500 count for $490 plus shipping and Hazmat fee yesterday. The website looked so bare bones and some of their info made no sense so I passed.
    Never heard of them but have heard of people getting scammed like this.

People are so desperate they buy without thinking.

Good call to walk away.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I knew backorders were crazy but dang that's a long time to wait for a press.

It's no big deal, missed you at the meet. I don't plan on shooting any except for a little bit at our meets until this calms down. While the people I have ignored on this board are in line at academy to buy up all the ammo and resell it I can play video games when I'm not working or have sex with my beautiful girlfriend. Those dipshits can stand in the cold and make a couple hundred bucks and rip people off.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Has anyone heard of Zincpoint.com? They had small pistol primers 3500 count for $490 plus shipping and Hazmat fee yesterday. The website looked so bare bones and some of their info made no sense so I passed.

That’s .14 a primer, before hazmat or shipping. I wouldn’t pay that anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Have nail gun blanks disappeared? That's one way to keep shooting, I suppose.

66vette

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2019
    U.S.A.
    That's $700. per 5000 count case & add S&H + hazmat is thru the roof.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Of course, if you want to get really serious about your marksmanship (which might be a good way to spend some energy while actually sending projectiles downrange remains problematic) there are other tools that fit right in to the awful reality of shooting in the latter half of 2020. Who needs primers or ammo for practice when you can shoot laser pistols?

stredni-zbran_oranzova_02.jpg

pentashot_pioneer_pistol_05.jpg

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    It's no big deal, missed you at the meet. I don't plan on shooting any except for a little bit at our meets until this calms down. While the people I have ignored on this board are in line at academy to buy up all the ammo and resell it I can play video games when I'm not working or have sex with my beautiful girlfriend. Those dipshits can stand in the cold and make a couple hundred bucks and rip people off.

Hahahahahaha, that might be a top 5 post for me.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    That's $700. per 5000 count case & add S&H + hazmat is thru the roof.

It is crazy but it is not outrageous given the market. I know guys paying 120 per 1k and that seems outrageous when OEM primers used to be had for sub 20 in 1mm increments. However, when you can put those primers into 9mm and sell that 9mm for more than 60 cents a round, it is a deal and a no brainer to pay it. You could make primers triple that and you can still make money selling at 60 cents a round.

The question becomes, what is the new normal? Ammo pirces are outrageous in Germany by our standards but there are still shooting clubs. I happily dropped 100 Euros to shoot once a month with them while I was there. Not sure where we end up, this market is so politically driven.

66vette

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2019
    U.S.A.
    However, when you can put those primers into 9mm and sell that 9mm for more than 60 cents a round, it is a deal and a no brainer to pay it. You could make primers triple that and you can still make money selling at 60 cents a round.
    That's true.
    What some people fail to understand is that lots of people hoarded ammo & reloading items only to sell for huge profits later. The gougers are the problem but all sellers get kicked in the nuts.

I'll be glad to sell left over primers I no longer need since my personal ammo stash is complete.
    The next question is how much do I sell leftover brass, powder & bullets for.
    If my father was alive he would say "when you wait to long, you'll be saying could have, would have, should have".

Top Bottom