WOW!

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by dee, Apr 24, 2009.

1. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    So I went to my local gun store today to see if I could find a Kimber for a friend. Talked to the owener and he said that he ordered some three or four months ago and still no word from them. Said the same thing about Springfeild. I then asked which models he ordered and he told me hejust told them to send some so he doesn't know what he even has coming.

2. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    My shop has about three of everything in the Kimber line on order, is a Kimber Master Dealer, and have been told they are running 60-90 days out on production....

3. baboon

baboon Well-Known

Someone told me that S&W bought Kimber. Not that I would own either one of them.

4. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Who is your dealer mybuddy is looking for and SIS with a rail.

5. jdh

jdh Active Member

Mar 2, 2008

SOMEONE told you wrong, and SW1911s are very well built. Your bias is keeping from considering a good shooter.

6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    If an Ultra Covert II ever gets in, hide it under the counter and PM me. My Custom Covert II wants a little brother.

7. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Kimber is still Kimber. No one has bought them. :tongueout:

But they are quoting based on backlogs going out 6 months or so. The thing with Kimber is, they modify manufacturing based on parts availability (they make the parts) so if they have more parts to build gun X, they'll shift and build what they can get out the fastest. So some dealers are getting some guns sooner that expected (60-90 days would be awesome for some dealers)

They're slammed and everyone is running out of inventory if they haven't already been cleaned out.

8. TxPhantom

TxPhantom Active Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    S & W did not buy Kimber out. Care to elaborate as to why you wouldn't own either of two of America's finest gun makers products? :crazy-1:

9. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Maybe because of the Les Bear 1911? :lolz:

10. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    It's Baer, not Bear.

Me thinks Baboon is a little too "good" for "common folk" weapons like S&W and Kimber. :p