Join TexasGunTalk

Wow!!!

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Frank59, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Frank59

Frank59 NO MA'AM!!

May 14, 2018
    Houston
  2. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I should really take the wife fishing more often.

easy rider, Southpaw and MTA89 like this.
  3. MTA89

MTA89 Lives in a van down by the river TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Almost Oklahoma
    Ive been to the NT in Australia before. Myself and a few other Marines went with some of the europeans who worked in the chow hall out to some hot springs in the middle of nowhere

We went swimming out there for awhile. THe Corporal and me decided to walk down the side of the stream. About a mile down there was a pack of crocodiles just hanging out.

Australia is a crazy place, especially the NT.

karlac likes this.
  4. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Not an unusual event in Australia.

5. Darkpriest667

Darkpriest667 Well-Known

Jan 13, 2017
    Fort Worth
    Crocs are a thing and they're Apex predators. Saltwatee Crocs can weigh over a ton and get 20 feet long. They're massive beasts

6. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Would not want to pick up the dentist's bill for their tooth cleaning.

7. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Hunted feral water buffalo in Arnhem Land for six months back in the early 60's, mostly on horseback. We were supplying US companies with the meat for pet food. A croc is not something you want to mess with.

If I had the choice I'd face a feral water buffalo on foot before a crocodile in a bilabong ... damn things can outrun a horse for a short distance and there is no escape.

Reminds of that TV idiot that was always tweaking the nose of dangerous critters, until it he did one too many times. Stupidity has a short shelf life.

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  8. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Now that would have been interesting.

karlac and Dad_Roman like this.
  9. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Oh, it was ... ;)
    Think I posted it before, but worked for a Greek who ran an abattoir outside of Darwin, NT and supplied feral water buffalo meat to the US for canned dog food. He had transitioned from camels, to horses (which he still used), to Land Rovers and trailers to pack the meat out. I was hired onto the crew because I was raised around horses and could shoot (supplied with an Enfield 303) from either horseback, or from a Land Rover, and accurately. Wandered over a good bit of Arnhem Land and the Cape York Peninsula in the process. And that's Fair dinkum! ;) Didn't take that many photos, but here's a shot of some of the horses and a co-worker tracker/skinner ... scraggly bunch, but we didn't carry feed so we all had to graze for ourselves, just like these Aborigines did ... the Cape York Peninsula is a very unforgiving place for even the wary.

Brumbys.jpg Aboriginies.jpg

10. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    You rode the horses & shot the buffalo - right? :evil: