• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    This may have appeared already, but it is worth a reminder. Ruger has put together a notification system that will send an email message to all your elected reps (whether you voted for them or not!). You just put in your name, address, etc., and you get a list of everyone--pres, vp, senators, congressman, governor, Lt. Gov, state senator and rep, and state atty general. You can use their form letter, edit theirs, or write your own. It goes to them all.

Once a week maybe? Here's a link.
    Ruger - Protect Your Rights
    Gun Zone Deals

SideCarGT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    And, if everyone will add at least one legislator to their own, it should have some great impact. I do business in multiple legislative areas and mention that and my friends in those areas so that they know that I can have an impact on their constituents so that they at least have some small reason to consider my comments.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Anyone get responses yet? I got a letter from Blake Farenthold today.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I've sent a few out, no reply's and had one returned because of a bad address so I'm hoping I got the others right. Is there a good way to check for current addresses as it seems not all of their websites are updated as often as they should be especially the newly elected.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    I got this today

Dear Mr. XXXX:

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal firearms laws. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this matter.

As a strong proponent of the Second Amendment, I believe it is essential to safeguard the law-abiding citizen's constitutional right to own and use firearms designed for legitimate purposes such as hunting, target shooting, collecting, and self-protection. Restricting this right runs counter to the intent of our Founding Fathers, who expressly guaranteed that citizens would retain the right to keep and bear arms.

It is encouraging that the Supreme Court has upheld the will of our Founders and re-affirmed the ideals our country was established upon. The Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller provides a greater guarantee that Americans' Constitutional rights remain secure from federal government intrusion. I was proud to sign an amicus brief to the Supreme Court in that case stating an individual’s right to bear arms is fundamental. This historic ruling continues to have implications far beyond the District of Columbia. In 2010, the Supreme Court decided in McDonald v. City of Chicago to strike down the arbitrary gun ban in Chicago—and thereby affirm that the Second Amendment safeguards against state and local encroachments on the fundamental right to keep and bear arms.

As a former Texas Supreme Court Justice and Attorney General, I have firsthand knowledge of crime-fighting policies that work, and I believe that citizens' Second Amendment rights should not be restricted because of the actions of criminals. Rather, we must focus our attention on the source of violent crime: criminals who use firearms to commit crimes. I believe that strictly enforcing the law—and meting out tougher sentences for career criminals and those who use firearms when committing crimes—will reduce crime more effectively than gun or equipment bans, which primarily serve to take firearms away from law-abiding citizens.

I appreciate the opportunity to represent Texans in the United States Senate, and you may be certain that I will continue working with my colleagues to protect our Second Amendment rights. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
    United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Tel: (202) 224-2934
    Fax: (202) 228-2856
    http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

Please sign up for my monthly newsletter at http://www.cornyn

Top Bottom