• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vvllbs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Want to see what’s out there. I’m in the Houston and Victoria areas. Prefer to meet FTF. Don’t have a problem with having rifles shipped to my FFL quickly. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    That's a chambering I always wanted and never found local .
    Good luck and we want a range report.

vvllbs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    I found two local after years of looking and both were duds. Both were H&R/NEF. First one was an older 158 topper and had internal issues. Second one was NEF Handi rifle, tried 20 scopes and 5 kinds of ammo. Pattern like a shotgun

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I got a BRNO fox mod 2 22 hornet over 20yrs ago and have about 100 rounds through it. I has a tight chamber that makes the action stiff when closing. I understand that BRNO is now CZ. It has a miniature Mauser action and double set triggers.5 round detachable magazine and scope mounts. I have to ask $800.00

This is a stock photo:
    FoxMod2_Brno-22Hornet--1.jpg

Last edited:

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I found two local after years of looking and both were duds. Both were H&R/NEF. First one was an older 158 topper and had internal issues. Second one was NEF Handi rifle, tried 20 scopes and 5 kinds of ammo. Pattern like a shotgun

Years ago I was looking at the H&R/NEF rifles and checked out their forum. Some of the members talked about what they did to improve accuracy. I believe they were putting an O ring between the hand guard and barrel. Won't swear that is what they did, they did however claim decent accuracy after doing whatever they did.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My buddy has a Savage in 22 Hornet. Man that thing is accurate.

He has shot does in the head with it. I've been tempted to buy one, but the Savage rifles are a bit rare.

vvllbs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Years ago I was looking at the H&R/NEF rifles and checked out their forum. Some of the members talked about what they did to improve accuracy. I believe they were putting an O ring between the hand guard and barrel. Won't swear that is what they did, they did however claim decent accuracy after doing whatever they did.

Yes, I am an active member on that forum. I was real into the Handi Rifles for a while. Only kept the 357, as it’s really handy and versatile. You can shoot 38 specials, 357 Mag and Max through it. So you can get squirrel through Mule Deer easy with it. Still have two Handi receivers and stock sets if anyone is interested.

vvllbs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    I got a BRNO fox mod 2 22 hornet over 20yrs ago and have about 100 rounds through it. I has a tight chamber that makes the action stiff when closing. I understand that BRNO is now CZ. It has a miniature Mauser action and double set triggers.5 round detachable magazine and scope mounts. I have to ask $800.00

This is a stock photo:
    View attachment 141985

Dan, that’s really nice. I wouldn’t mind owning it, quality looks better than modern CZ. I’ll have to pass, just need a woods rifle

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom