• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Looking for a pistol in .22lr in and around the area of Ingram mall in San Antonio.

I am really liking the sig sr22p, will consider others. Trying to keep it under $300.

Looking to see what's out there, still saving funds. Will be used for cheap, pistol range time fun for me and my GF.

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"
    Hurley's Gold

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Honestly I have not fired either.

Info you didn't necessarily ask for but I will share hoping that it helps you. I can tell you what I have owned and fired in .22 are the Beretta Neos and Browning Buckmark. The Neos would fit in your budget and is a great shooter. It does however look "futuristic and kinda weird" compared to the SR22 and Mosquito. The Buckmark is also a great gun that also shoots well. My next .22 pistol will be a Ruger 22/45 because the controls are similar to a 1911.

While you are saving up, wait for the next range day when a group of members are all heading out together. Not only will you get to meet a lot of folks from the site but you'll also get to shoot some different .22 pistols that may be on your list.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Honestly I have not fired either.

Info you didn't necessarily ask for but I will share hoping that it helps you. I can tell you what I have owned and fired in .22 are the Beretta Neos and Browning Buckmark. The Neos would fit in your budget and is a great shooter. It does however look "futuristic and kinda weird" compared to the SR22 and Mosquito. The Buckmark is also a great gun that also shoots well. My next .22 pistol will be a Ruger 22/45 because the controls are similar to a 1911.

While you are saving up, wait for the next range day when a group of members are all heading out together. Not only will you get to meet a lot of folks from the site but you'll also get to shoot some different .22 pistols that may be on your list.

Thanks for the input, defiantly looking to hit up a range day. I like the way the mosquito and sr22p look, I'll look up those others as well.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Will have $300 cash in hand on Wednesday, looking for a Ruger sr22. I'm in NWSA, pretty set on the sr22.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I have a SIG Mosquito and other than to have to run it pretty wet (oiled), I've had no problems with it. I also have a Neos and it's a nice shooter, almost no recoil due to the heavy metal frame and slide.

However, I just got back from the range with my new GSG 1911-22 and I am wondering why I own any other .22 handguns. It was impressively accurate, no recoil whatsoever and just a blast to shoot.

If you are interested in something other than the SR22, let me know as I may be selling the SIG and Neos. I am just outside of Helotes.

Cheers! M2

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    I have a SIG Mosquito and other than to have to run it pretty wet (oiled), I've had no problems with it. I also have a Neos and it's a nice shooter, almost no recoil due to the heavy metal frame and slide.

However, I just got back from the range with my new GSG 1911-22 and I am wondering why I own any other .22 handguns. It was impressively accurate, no recoil whatsoever and just a blast to shoot.

If you are interested in something other than the SR22, let me know as I may be selling the SIG and Neos. I am just outside of Helotes.

Cheers! M2

I have heard that the mosquito is picky with ammo, where as the sr22 isn't.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I have heard that the mosquito is picky with ammo, where as the sr22 isn't.

All .22 firearms seem to be picky about ammo, just some more than others. My 'Skeeter doesn't seem to have any problems with most of the stuff I run through it, but as I said I've found I have to keep it very well oiled to keep things running smoothly...

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    All .22 firearms seem to be picky about ammo, just some more than others. My 'Skeeter doesn't seem to have any problems with most of the stuff I run through it, but as I said I've found I have to keep it very well oiled to keep things running smoothly...

Can you PM me some pics,etc..?

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    They are sooooo ugly! lol

image.jpg

Status