• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    So after some research I'm finding that I'm not the only one to get horrible accuracy with bullets from the Lee 312-155 mold when powder coated and unchecked out of the 300 BLK. Anyone by chance have like 50-100 30 cal checks I can buy off you so I can at least test out whether this fixes my problem before I go investing in a bag of checks or one of those check making tools? Name your price.
    Target Sports

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I researched that mold and it is designed to use gas checks. If they need gas checks, that's the way I run them. They are in stock at Midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/25...s-30-caliber-box-of-1000?cm_vc=ProductFinding

I do NOT powder coat or tumble lube the bullets. I use a lubrisizer and when the bullet comes through the die, the gas check is attached very tightly.

How fast are you launching the bullets?

Flash

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Yes it is designed for gas checks. I was just hoping I could get away without them since some people have success with powder coating and not checking some checked designs.

I'd rather not have to buy that many checks though, if I can get them accurate with checks I was going to try and find someone to mill out the gas check on my mold since I don't ever plan on doing traditional lubing.

I don't have a chrono to run them over, but I'm guessing I was pushing around 2k. Load was a rather hot load anyway so I'm reducing my charge by half a grainon the next batch.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Are you getting any leading in the barrel? I was taught to be be velocity conservative on cast bullet loads.

That mold isn't very expensive. Why not replace it with a NON GC mold and sell the old one? In the end, it would be more cost effective. Just a thought.

Flash

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    No leading although I only stopped 7 rounds before doing because of pressure signs. Pc seems to give a lot more leeway before leading compared to lube.

Unless Lee has the same mold non checked, I'm not sure about changing molds. I got this one specifically because it is supposed to be the best feeding in an AR for the weight and also because it mushrooms very well with coww at 1800+ fps.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Top Bottom