• ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I'm looking for a new "night stand" pistol for my new wife. Something simple, something you pull the trigger, it goes "BANG" "BANG" "BANG" "BANG" "BANG" "click"

I've had her out to the range with my Taurus Judge, and with several other, smaller pistols, and I'm thinking something like a Taurus CIA MODEL 850 .38 SPL. or something simular.

Would like to keep it simple and inexpensive, so if you'd like to make it a wedding present...? :)

THANKS!
    Capitol Armory ad

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    They have it for $229 today. Not a bad little pistol for it's purpose. I'm going to take a look! Thanks for the heads up!

codeman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    TX
    You can't go wrong with Tarus or S&W when it comes to 38 snubs. I'd avoid Charter Arms though. They're great guns in fact I own one, but the ultra light aluminum frame causes a violent recoil.
    My wrist is usually sore after running 50 rounds though it at the range. I’d stick with a steel frame.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Found a Rossi Model R35102 .38 SPL + P 5-shot yesterday...with PINK grips. So guess what is in the night stand this morning. Yep, with PINK grips...

Thanks for the input, but honestly if coulda been anything as long as it had the pink grips...

PC290037..jpg

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Did I mention she LOVES the pink grips...and can shoot the S**T outta that little gun!!! After about 4 hours total range time and some 200 rounds down range, she can now take Hornady critical defense +P's, shoot an on-the-fly, qucik double tap at 10 yards and consistantly put both rounds in the 10 ring...in a 3 inch group!

Faster learner she is...but then I already knew that :)

So, don't laugh at the girls with the pink guns!

belladad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Shady Shores, texas
    We have two of the Charter DAO 38's. Light weight and no hammer to get in the way. You can use the 38+P loads as well. Great gun for carry due to the weight and size. Works well for us and the price will not break the bank.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    We have two of the Charter DAO 38's. Light weight and no hammer to get in the way. You can use the 38+P loads as well. Great gun for carry due to the weight and size. Works well for us and the price will not break the bank.

Thanks, but as you can see this thread hasn't had any activity since june...and THAT activity showed what I had bought for her.

Thanks for your input and excitement, there is some great information in some of the old post...but some of them really don't need to be commented on.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom