• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Someone left some at the range Sunday. If it's still there I will send it out to you.

You might try contacting Nolan (Phatcyclist) I gave him a bunch of 8mm brass that I no longer needed. Most of it was commercial once fired.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Alan, Thanks... I need to start reloading for the Browning. It can be a ammo eating machine if you loose track of how many belts you have run through...
    MG

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    Alan, Thanks... I need to start reloading for the Browning. It can be a ammo eating machine if you loose track of how many belts you have run through...
    MG

MG, You have a Browning chambered for the 8x57 Mauser??

What am I missing here?

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Pappy, Yes Sir. 8mm mauser. I also have a .308 barrel and am going to pick up a 30.06 bbl. In theory, it can be modified to shoot most any caliber that has a shorter length than the original 30.06 and as long as the case head is close enough to the 30.06 for the extractor to enguage it properly. ie; 30.06, .308, 8mm, .243, 25.06, I believe 7mm would work too just have to check the OAL. Then of course, find a bbl. chambered to that round. MG

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    Pappy, Yes Sir. 8mm mauser. I also have a .308 barrel and am going to pick up a 30.06 bbl. In theory, it can be modified to shoot most any caliber that has a shorter length than the original 30.06 and as long as the case head is close enough to the 30.06 for the extractor to enguage it properly. ie; 30.06, .308, 8mm, .243, 25.06, I believe 7mm would work too just have to check the OAL. Then of course, find a bbl. chambered to that round. MG

Very interesting...thanks MG

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    No problem, It makes it a very interesting weapon if you have several barrels. Insted of being "usless" when you are out of ammo...Just install another barrel to fit the ammo you have, of can "find" ....MG

Top Bottom