• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    I'm looking for a few dozen bags of fertilizer and some fuel oil. Oh and if you can loan me your truck so I can deliver them that would be great.
    Target Sports

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I still think it came across as creepy. Sorry if I was one of the ones who jumped the gun.

Don't know if the 5 post quota works. Hell, I can fill that (or 25 posts as per my Kel-Tec blog) simply by welcoming new members in one sitting. I'm one to believe that some people simply have no jobs and want to see how high their post count can get! Do you get more respect as a seller or buyer if you have 2000+ posts...nope. If you have "Administrator" next to your name...that will win the prize. PMs and phone calls to coordinate and close the deal, that is how you are safe on these blog sites (oh yeah, the FFL helps too!)

In the end, dude came across as an Internet thug. So, we welcomed him with guarded open arms. Welcome to Texas!

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    No apology for my response.
    When someone wants to buy a few guns off an internet board and doesn't care what kind they are (just cheap), there are only a few reasons that I can think of:

• Not old enough to buy through a FFL
    • Unable to buy through a FFL
    • Less than honorable intentions with said guns
    • Wants to resell to others that are described by the three previous conditions
    • Is consumed with TEOTWAWKI nerves
    • or is just a troll for whatever reason
    Whichever it is, it deserved the response it got. His post was ill advised and highly suspicious at best.

Joat

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    This is what I thought when I read his post initially. as much as we enjoy the freedom of FTF sales in TX, I would be hesitant at best to deal with this guy.
    My-troll-sense-IS-TINGLING.jpg

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    What do you want em to do, post his DL on here?
    No....maybe join, take part in some threads, get to know people, warm up to the group.

A post worded:
    "Hey guys,
    I am looking for a good HD gun but am on a real tight budget. I was thinking maybe a Mossberg Maverick or something in that price range. ANyone know of someone that is selling one? Down the road I would love to get an AR15."

This type of post is much less suspicious than...
    "I'm looking for an AR15, .40 cal semi auto and maybe a 9mm , and a 12 ga. tactical brands not important but good price"

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The poster may be a perfectly nice individual with unrefined forum communication skills.

That may be true but I read the whole thread and his communications made me uneasy. I saw my gun show dealer friend fend off an attempted setup. A guy with broken English said he wanted to buy a pistol. He said he didn't have proper docs but he would get his buddy Pedro who could buy it for him. My friend told him that was a Straw Purchase and sent him packing.

The ATF is concentrating on normal people who make an error and blunder onto the wrong side of the law. They are not opposed to entrapping some poor guy who is not knowledgeable about the vague and quirky twists of the law. That's what they do and how they do it.

I have nothing for sale.

Flash

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    The poster may be a perfectly nice individual with unrefined forum communication skills.

That may be true but I read the whole thread and his communications made me uneasy. I saw my gun show dealer friend fend off an attempted setup. A guy with broken English said he wanted to buy a pistol. He said he didn't have proper docs but he would get his buddy Pedro who could buy it for him. My friend told him that was a Straw Purchase and sent him packing.

The ATF is concentrating on normal people who make an error and blunder onto the wrong side of the law. They are not opposed to entrapping some poor guy who is not knowledgeable about the vague and quirky twists of the law. That's what they do and how they do it.

I have nothing for sale.

Flash

Lost all my guns in a terrible boating accident!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I kinda found it goofy as well....of course, being the kind, compassionate (and tactful) sort that I am, I wouldn't have lit into him like some of you have. hissyfit.jpg

Seriously.....yeah, it came off totally wrong. I don't care WHO you are - you're going to have preferences, whether it's a particular brand or even a price point (as noted...."I have $xxx to spend). Flip side is that it COULD have simply been someone that's clueless (we've had several the past few weeks) about how to approach a gun sale/purchase with tact and etiquette - and while we might have been able to have been "kinder", some of the folks still don't seem to get it.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    "Sell me something.....anything.....brand is unimportant"

DING, DING, DING.....ALARM BELLS GOING OFF!

FLUSH handle deployed.........................!

Flash

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Not me - ah had some nice stuff ta unload on the su....er, sell the gentleman...until ya'll ran him off! Llama, Charter Arms, etc......but NOOOO - ya'll hadta blow it fer me! OuttaHere.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom