Target Sports

WTB A Handgun (Looking at all) >400 (Dallas)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob_USF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    I'm 18 as a lot of you know, so I can't exactly go into a store and buy a handgun. So you guys are my only hope.

I was told by users not to be picky when it comes to handguns. I realize I probably wont get anything I'm specifically looking for so I'm making a new thread.

In this thread - I'm willing to look at any reliable handgun 400 and under. So post what you guys would be willing to sell. I'm probably willing to overpay a bit on guns I'm really interested in, so post a picture and price! Thanks guys!

Must come with at least one box of some sort of home defense ammo. I can't buy that from an FFL either so I'd need it.

Specifically interested in a .38 S&W Snub, very interested in a Barretta 92FS but I realize I would be underpaying for one of those.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    You shouldn't have a problem finding a S&W 642 or 637 for less than $400. Hopefully someone will come along and help you out.

Rob_USF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    I knew a 38 snub would be pretty cheap and ideal for my mom who is not very fun savvy. If she needed it she just picks it up and pulls the trigger.

So I would like to find a snub. But personally I prefer a semi automatic 9mm or .45 ACP. So I'd buy one of those too. It's just basically what someone will sell me on here. I only need one or two handguns - then really it's all long guns that I want for now. And long guns will be easy to aquire.

Thanks for the wishes though :)

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    I know everyone will probably disagree but I would go find a hi point c9. I had one for years and it would shoot anything I put through it.. I got it as a truck gun because when I am on the ranch going to a blind or something I am really rough on my pistol and notice my expensive pieces getting jacked up from it.. So I grabbed a few of them 9mms and wow was I impressed.. Ugly as all get out but it would shoot accurately and every time the trigger was pulled..

You could get two of them and ammo under 400.00

Rob_USF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    I know everyone will probably disagree but I would go find a hi point c9. I had one for years and it would shoot anything I put through it.. I got it as a truck gun because when I am on the ranch going to a blind or something I am really rough on my pistol and notice my expensive pieces getting jacked up from it.. So I grabbed a few of them 9mms and wow was I impressed.. Ugly as all get out but it would shoot accurately and every time the trigger was pulled..

You could get two of them and ammo under 400.00

Thanks for the tip, but really it's whatever someone will sell me on here. I Can't be picky. So if you have any handguns for sale $400 and under post it!

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Re: WTB A Handgun (Looking at all) >400 (Dallas)

Thanks for the tip, but really it's whatever someone will sell me on here. I Can't be picky. So if you have any handguns for sale $400 and under post it!

I'll start looking for potential guns for you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX

Post description say greater than 400, any who, bad timing to get anything cheap whether quality or not. Gun trader is your best bet. Hi point isn't worth the money in a life or death situation but is better than nothing I suppose.

Thoughts to written word from my EVO LTE

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas

why wouldn't it work?

I highly doubt anyone is going to sell a Glock for $400 nowadays. Especially on TGTrader. Just as no one would accept a $150 cash offer for a lower nowadays.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

If all you got is hi point money get a high point, if your limit is $400 get something better.

Good hunting.

Rob_USF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    I like the people here better. lol.

But today is my only day off in the next two weeks so I'd be willing to meet today if someone has something I'm interested in. Can't tell my boss I'm missing work because I'd rather buy a gun, she wouldn't be too appealed. She's a woman. Most women wouldn't understand. lol.

Rob_USF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    If all you got is hi point money get a high point, if your limit is $400 get something better.

Good hunting.
    I like this idea better than a hi point. It's 400 dollars and I'd be willing to overpay if i can meet tody and I don't have to drive too far.

Like I said in my last WTB, it's for my mom since shes home alone while all the men are working so I would prefer something very basic. That's why I was thinking a S&W snub. Something she can just pick up and pull the trigger if needed.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas

Just a thought, and trying to help. If its for your mom why not take her to a gun store and buy it for her but her do the 4473 and the background check?

Rob_USF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Just a thought, and trying to help. If its for your mom why not take her to a gun store and buy it for her but her do the 4473 and the background check?
    2 reasons. Since its my money Im pretty sure it would be straw buying, from the things I discussed with other users on here. I wouldn't want any chance of anything like that getting pinned on us. If she goes up there, chooses out a gun and I give her money and buy it it'd probably be suspicious. 2, buying from an FFL seems over complicated. I'd rather just meet someone and buy something quick and easy that I know she'll know how to shoot. If its a complicated gun but within my price range ill just have to take her to the range a few times and teach her. Overall I think it'll just be easier to find on here, and less risky.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom