wtb a larger safe..

Discussion in 'Non-Firearms Classifieds' started by akhooters7, Feb 15, 2009.

1. akhooters7

akhooters7 New Member

Jan 1, 2009
    texas, austin area
    anybody got one... email me with details... i am in the round rock / g-town area

2. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    How large is larger?

I never would have thought it, but it seems when someone has one, they go quick. Someone had a nice one a month or 2 ago and as forum communication often goes, I ended up missing out. I never thought it would have had so much attention.

Do you have one you'll be replacing that you'll be letting go? If so what size, maker etc.

I don't need a big one for just guns, but I need something big enough to keep ammo in as well as move other things out of a smaller one and consolidate.

3. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Okay...if you find something you're looking for a bit larger and want to get shut of the smaller one once you've consolidate, lemme know! I've got a large one, but the better half has taken over a large chunk of it w/her jewelry & such. Yeah, it needs to be kept safe, but it seems a waste ta knock off such a large portion of a Ft. Knox for it!

4. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    Kinda funny. Some years ago my wife (to be) came to my apartment for the first time. She noticed a pile of guns in my closet. The next Valentines Day a delivery service delivered a huge safe. I have pulled countless muscles moving that dang thing but we still have it. Next time we move that safe has to be replaced. I'm too old move it again.

5. akhooters7

akhooters7 New Member

Jan 1, 2009
    texas, austin area
    what i have is the standard size... just need something taller / wider .... will post the old one here once i find a new one....

6. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Don't know what kinda $$$ you're looking to spend, but there was a GS dealer up on 35N that had decent prices - also, the Ft. Knox dealer in Houston was not only great to deal with, but he delivered it for a VERY reasonable price - less than the local guy wanted, even!