• ...and so much more!
  • Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Looking for a stripped lower in Austin. Just need one to replace damaged lower on my AR

Last edited:

Pachucko

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    I am curious as well.

Also, I'm about to list some stuff for sale or trade, including a few lowers.

I don't anticipate being in Austin though. If you get to Laredo, San Antonio, and maybe RGV or Eagle Pass area let me know.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    When one allows a grandkid to "put he rifle in the car" One needs to make sure it is in the truck. Grandkid left the gun on the ground ( truck rolled over the receiver) and there is a problem having mags lock into lower, not to mention the trigger group seems to be somewhat out of time.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Hmmmmm, I wonder if it just needs a new LPK or something... or with some replacement parts might still be good for a .22LR dedicated rifle...

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Ummm the large crack in the mag well and the split along the lower seam casting mark makes me think I just need to get a new lower

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    You might check out the next time a gun show will be in town (I think you missed one last weekend), stripped lowers are back $<100 now at them.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    give Alex (goes by Wakal on this forum) with Dreadnaught Ind. a PM. He has great stripped lowers & gives a TGT discount (I have 2 of em). I believe $100. They marry with uppers very nice. Alex is a great guy as well. Hope this helps.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Thanks BIGAPIGREG. I can do that I think... I thought about trying to bend the cracked part back out and get someplace to TIG it, but its best to just replace. I just retired so money is now an issue too. Thanks

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Thanks BIGAPIGREG. I can do that I think... I thought about trying to bend the cracked part back out and get someplace to TIG it, but its best to just replace. I just retired so money is now an issue too. Thanks

No problem, just on a safety note I wouldn't bother with welding it, just get a new one and be done with it, Good luck

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I just orderwd one from palmetto for 50 bucks. They dont come much cheaper. With 7 to ship and 15 to transfer you have a new one for $72

AdamT

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I just orderwd one from palmetto for 50 bucks. They dont come much cheaper. With 7 to ship and 15 to transfer you have a new one for $72

AdamT

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

the $50 unit ones are blems, rite? $50 for a blem, plus 7 shipping plus lord knows how much bendover FFL if you don't have a good acquaintance. $100 for a dreadnaught plus tax seems like a better deal to me for a ramdom FTF encounter.

Top Bottom