• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluesman001

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Austin
    Looking to pick up an AR15. Right now I have $350 cash to at least get an upper. Hit me up with offers. Maybe toss an AK offer at me, who knows?
    Lynx Defense

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I dont know of any AKs that you can get these days for $350. You best bet is to just buy the AR a piece at a time if you are wanting an AR. What are you going to use the gun for?

Bluesman001

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Austin
    I like everyone else here love to shoot and collect guns and have wanted an AR since getting out of the Navy/Marine Corps many years ago. You might say I'm a tad impatient.....Maybe, just maybe someone has an extra they don't mind parting with.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    $299 for a Saiga. $16 shipping. $10 transfer. $30 for new trigger. Beg, borrow, or make your own pistol grip and butt stock = darn fine AK for $355
    agreed....and I own a Saiga but completely forgot about those. But he says he has always wanted an AR. Seems like if you want an AR, buy an AR. the AK will still leaving you wanting an AR.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm guessing the cheapest you can do an AR for right now is about $425. Plum crazy lower for $125 and an on sale upper from somewhere for $300.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Cheapest I can find a complete upper for is $350 and thats only on occasion. Add shipping and an FFL fee and you are up around $500.
    I swear I saw a complete upper on sale for $299 not too long ago, but can't find that deal now. You're right, they are normally more like $399. Don't need an FFL for the upper, tho. Just $10 or so for shipping. You can find the lower in a local store. Got my plum crazy in Georgetown. Guess it was more like $135 after tax.

Bluesman001

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Austin
    I guess I am just looking to buy either an AR upper or complete AR here locally and avoid shipping costs (as well as possibly FFL costs, although I have no problem going through an FFL and my CHL should ease worries as well....)

Top Bottom