• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    My goodness RGWAIT. Apparently you are an authority on the law and particularly fond of meddling in others business. You are incorrect in what you say and if I cared about this situation I would pull all of the legal docs to show you. It's not worth my time or effort because it's evident that you'd argue with me over whether the toilet paper should roll off the top or be pulled from below.

Perhaps you should move to Colorado where universal background checks are now mandatory which I'm sure delights you and where you can now police who has 30 round pre-ban or post ban magazines because everything is now limited to 15.

I'm sure that Antonio Lopez in 1836 thought that Bowie, Travis, Crockett and those 200 men were doing something illegal and were "a scam" too.

Go police somewhere else. You don't deserve to call yourself a Texan. I've fought for this country and am now an old man, so don't waste my time with your nonsense.

Thanks for your service, I do appreciate it. I don't see how I don't deserve to call myself a Texan though. I was simply watching out for a fellow forum member, trying to keep him/her from getting themselves into hot water with someone who wants to ship a gun person to person, without going through an FFL. Maybe you are an expert on the law, maybe you aren't. However, based on every single transaction I've conducted that involves transferring guns between people across state lines, these transfers must go through an FFL. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I don't believe that in your case you can qualify. Ship the gun to an FFL in Texas, and let the buyer pick it up. This is perfectly legal. Breaking the gun down to ship it to a friend in another state is not legal. Certain pieces of the gun can be legally shipped. However, there is at least one part of the CX4 storm that must be transferred through an FFL. For an AR-15, it is the lower receiver. Not sure if the same is true of the Storm.

I have no interest in moving to Colorado, and I do not delight in any of the new gun control laws. I advocate enforcing the laws currently in place, and repealing laws that serve no purpose but to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens. I do not advocate circumventing or otherwise bypassing the intent of a law by creative interpretation of the law. What you propose, in my opinion, undermines the case of 2A supporters nationwide. As 2A supporters, we should abide by the current set of laws until we can change them.

I offer no insults in this post, nor do I have any. I simply advise the OP to insist that the gun ship through an FFL. All dealings on this forum should be on the up and up, no matter what perceived legal loopholes exist.
    Guns International

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    This^^^^^ is correct and legal (at least from Texas to somewhere else). Done it many times over many years.

Thanks for stepping in Charlie. I agree with both you and MindBeyondAverage. I apologize for any confusion where I implied that a gun cannot be shipped across state lines. However, it must be shipped to an FFL who will legally conduct the transfer.

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    don't know if you are still looking for a storm but if so, visit Walmart. They just started carrying them and have seen 2 here in San Antonio this weekend. 9mm version for $850. Never shopped them so I have no idea if that is a good price or not.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    don't know if you are still looking for a storm but if so, visit Walmart. They just started carrying them and have seen 2 here in San Antonio this weekend. 9mm version for $850. Never shopped them so I have no idea if that is a good price or not.

$850 is a great price on those guns, competitive with Academy. Wal-Mart in Baytown had two last week.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There

slowrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well guys I already bought one in .40 caliber. Haven't even shot it and should have waited for the 9mm version. Maybe I will sell the .40 caliber model that I bought.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Well guys I already bought one in .40 caliber. Haven't even shot it and should have waited for the 9mm version. Maybe I will sell the .40 caliber model that I bought.

If you decide to sell the .40 cal that you have, I have a buddy that has been frothing at the mouth for the 40, to go with his PX4 in 40, let me know!

slowrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Austin, TX
    If you decide to sell the .40 cal that you have, I have a buddy that has been frothing at the mouth for the 40, to go with his PX4 in 40, let me know!
    Where is you and your buddy located? I'm in Austin. I'm willing to sell, I just do not want to lose money. I want to get what I paid for it. That's all. PM me if interested.

Top Bottom