• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'd like to buy a Beretta CX4 Storm in 9mm in mint condition. I'm located in Austin, cash and CHL holder.

I want to pay a fair price not a gouging price.

Sean.
    Military Camp

bjo71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Good luck man. They are hard to find. A local shop here in Houston has one on Gunbroker, but I think he wants alot for it.

mleroyl

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    I picked up a CX4 in .40 and a 9mm this fall from TGT members - before the recent madness.
    Unless you are very fortunate, I believe you are likely to pay dearly for a pistol-round-shooting carbine in this market.
    Academy was selling them in BCS. My recommendation is to go and ask at retailers.
    You won't get a "pre-madness deal", but you may find one for "pre-madness retail".
    Just my two cents.

mleroyl

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    ^^^ +1

If you're soliciting open ended sale offers you're likely in for a long, long slog.

State your range or max and see what happens.

But I already shared how I'd pursue in today's market. You should go from store to store "in search of.." and be ready to pay $900 - $950 for a new retail model.

slowrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Again I dont' think that it's unreasonable to ask sellers to PM me what they have and how much. I'm not going to put a max price as some sellers may have extras etc.

As for gouging prices, yeah I have really no respect for those who are selling Glock 19's for 900.00+. Yeah I understand supply and demand but just tired of all of the people buying guns to resell.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    Keep checking in with Academy. They do get them in from time to time, just really rare right now. The good thing is that they don't necessarily immediately sell. If you have an academy nearby, drop in and ask them to do an inventory search.

BradD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm

Hi, I saw your ad and I do have a mint condition Beretta CX$ storm in 9mm. It's maybe had 100 rounds down the pipe. It's been in my safe along with the rest of my collection. I love the gun but would be willing to let it go to the right person. I live in Spokane so we can figure the details of that later. I have 2 30 round mags with the 2 15 round factor mags that come with it. It is all complete with paperwork, hard case, cleaning brush, etc. It's mint condition.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll pull out my receipt on it and shoot you a price. I won't gouge you. My number is 509-951-3532 so please text me because I seldom check my online accounts. I can send you pics, etc from there. If you're really interested in it and if we text back and forth enough then we would then be considered friends and I would then be more than happy to break it down for you and send it in multiple pieces in the mail directly. Just consider it a friend to friend loan of sorts :) Thanks, Brad

I'd like to buy a Beretta CX4 Storm in 9mm in mint condition. I'm located in Austin, cash and CHL holder.

I want to pay a fair price not a gouging price.

Sean.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    Hi, I saw your ad and I do have a mint condition Beretta CX$ storm in 9mm. It's maybe had 100 rounds down the pipe. It's been in my safe along with the rest of my collection. I love the gun but would be willing to let it go to the right person. I live in Spokane so we can figure the details of that later. I have 2 30 round mags with the 2 15 round factor mags that come with it. It is all complete with paperwork, hard case, cleaning brush, etc. It's mint condition.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll pull out my receipt on it and shoot you a price. I won't gouge you. My number is 509-951-3532 so please text me because I seldom check my online accounts. I can send you pics, etc from there. If you're really interested in it and if we text back and forth enough then we would then be considered friends and I would then be more than happy to break it down for you and send it in multiple pieces in the mail directly. Just consider it a friend to friend loan of sorts Thanks, Brad

OP, I would be real careful doing business with someone like this... You can't just "break a gun down" and ship it. It is illegal and it must go through an FFL for the transfer. This type of post sounds like a scam to me anyway.

BradD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    There's no scam here. I have purchased and sold via FFL dealers all the time and have no problem selling it and then having them ship it to a purchaser. I won't argue your point about breaking it down on loan, so to speak, but there are legal loopholes in law but just so no one is put off by the offer, I would simply sell it via my local FFL dealer to yours. I'm not in a hurry to sell the gun, I simply saw the gentleman's ad about wanting to purchase one in mint condition and since it just sits in my gun safe, I figured I'd try to offer it to him since they are hard to find, unless you're willing to pay an unfair marked up price. If he's interested, great.....if not, no problem. Thanks, Brad

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    OP, I would be real careful doing business with someone like this... You can't just "break a gun down" and ship it. It is illegal and it must go through an FFL for the transfer. This type of post sounds like a scam to me anyway.

You're wrong on this one. I've done it before. It's simple. Seller ships to buyer's FFL, buyer picks it up. There are other minor details involved, but it is NOT illegal. Kind of messed up to ruin someone's offer and business when you have your facts wrong.

BradD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Thanks MindBeyondAverage for your post. I am the seller of the CX4 Beretta Storm 9mm and was simply trying to offer my mint condition gun to this gentleman who really wants one. I offered it at the price I paid for it so I'm literally making nothing on the transaction even though these are very hard to find, particularly chambered in 9mm but I am a gun collector and so I know how it is when you really want to find the right gun and so I wanted to make this a special find for this buyer and not have him pay the marked up prices of many guns in this current climate. I've yet to receive a response from him so I'm hoping the other user hasn't ruined this guys deal by inferring I was a scam. I'm not rich but I don't need the money and don't need to sell this. I just wanted to help this buyer out.

I just wanted to send you a note to tell you that I appreciate you standing up for a fellow patriot. Thanks!

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    You're wrong on this one. I've done it before. It's simple. Seller ships to buyer's FFL, buyer picks it up. There are other minor details involved, but it is NOT illegal. Kind of messed up to ruin someone's offer and business when you have your facts wrong.

Maybe I misinterpreted BradD's post, but it sounded like he and the OP could become "friends" so he could break down the gun and ship it to the OP WITHOUT going through an FFL as a "loan". If I am wrong, then I apologize. However bradD did say he could "break the gun down and mail it directly". Since brad lives in Spokane, which is in Washington state, sending a long gun in the mail, even in pieces, is illegal unless it goes through an FFL. Brad must ship the gun to a FFL in the OP's state of residence, and the OP must pick it up from the FFL, fill out the paperwork, and undergo the background check. Brad cannot simply break the gun into pieces and ship it directly to the OP's residence since Brad is out of state. In TX, I believe you can mail long guns person to person direct, as long as both parties live in state, but this does not apply to guns crossing state lines.

I am not going to argue legal loopholes. The intent behind what you are doing, which is selling a gun to someone in another state, requires that you ship the gun to a FFL. If the OP wants to proceed with the purchase and go through an FFL, then I will bite my tongue. The OP and brad both could get into a world of legal trouble if it was discovered that the controlled part of the gun was shipped from state to state without going through an FFL for the purposes of selling the gun. I would be wary of sending money to someone over the Internet who offers to do something illegal right off the bat.

Last edited:

BradD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    My goodness RGWAIT. Apparently you are an authority on the law and particularly fond of meddling in others business. You are incorrect in what you say and if I cared about this situation I would pull all of the legal docs to show you. It's not worth my time or effort because it's evident that you'd argue with me over whether the toilet paper should roll off the top or be pulled from below.

Perhaps you should move to Colorado where universal background checks are now mandatory which I'm sure delights you and where you can now police who has 30 round pre-ban or post ban magazines because everything is now limited to 15.

I'm sure that Antonio Lopez in 1836 thought that Bowie, Travis, Crockett and those 200 men were doing something illegal and were "a scam" too.

Go police somewhere else. You don't deserve to call yourself a Texan. I've fought for this country and am now an old man, so don't waste my time with your nonsense.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!

This^^^^^ is correct and legal (at least from Texas to somewhere else). Done it many times over many years.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    My goodness RGWAIT. Apparently you are an authority on the law and particularly fond of meddling in others business. You are incorrect in what you say and if I cared about this situation I would pull all of the legal docs to show you. It's not worth my time or effort because it's evident that you'd argue with me over whether the toilet paper should roll off the top or be pulled from below.

Perhaps you should move to Colorado where universal background checks are now mandatory which I'm sure delights you and where you can now police who has 30 round pre-ban or post ban magazines because everything is now limited to 15.

I'm sure that Antonio Lopez in 1836 thought that Bowie, Travis, Crockett and those 200 men were doing something illegal and were "a scam" too.

Go police somewhere else. You don't deserve to call yourself a Texan. I've fought for this country and am now an old man, so don't waste my time with your nonsense.

Being an "old man" doesn't mean much, I know, I'm one also. Thanks for your service, I was in also. Now ease up on your insults and enjoy the forum or move on.

BradD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Charlie: Roger that. Out of respect for you and other patriots, I will move on. God bless.

Top Bottom