• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    Looking to expand my business as a hot shot. Time to buy a trailer. Going to see if someone here has anything they are looking to get rid of.

Needs:
    20-24'
    Dual 7k axles
    Locking tool box
    Flat deck (no ramps or dovetail)

Prefer:
    Dexter running gear
    Steel plate fenders

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    Still looking for something. Trying to expand my hot shot capabilities. It seems most places in the Houston area only have dovetails and 24' flat decks are a rare commodity.

WILL buy new from dealer, if anyone know's of any in the Houston or Corpus Christi areas for a recommendation.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    If you buy new look at LoadTrail or LoadMaster. They are the same company but brand their GN and bumper pull trailers differently. PJ trailers are good also and used to be partners with LT/ LM. They make the best flat bed trailers available in my opinion.

You looking for a GN, bumper pull, or either?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    When I first read your ad I assumed a deck over GN but now I saw the part about the fenders and I am wondering if a bumper pull is what you want.

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    Gooseneck.. PJ and LT/LM are pretty much the same, the owners of each company are brothers. The problem is there are not that many retailers for LT/LM in the state. One in Houston, one in Waco, one in North Texas near the OK border and one more about to open up in Hallettsville. I DO want a LT mostly. I like the company, I like the people, I like the welding done on their trailers which far surpasses the quality on others such as a Kearney. Thanks for bringing up PJ, I completely forgot about them until you mentioned it. I will try to find a local PJ dealer.

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    When I first read your ad I assumed a deck over GN but now I saw the part about the fenders and I am wondering if a bumper pull is what you want.
    The part about the fenders is just a steel plate on the flat deck above the axles/wheels.. where forklifts would be loading/offloading frequently from the side. Just adds a bit of support and reduces wear and tear. As seen in this picture.

Attachments

• F99.jpg
      F99.jpg
      52.1 KB · Views: 107

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That is what I pictured when I read your original post.

So you are wanting a "lowboy". That steel plate actually allows the trailer to be built lower by not having the thicker wood in the fender area. I figure you know that but it may help in your search.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

I know of a great forum if you ever want to research OTR/ Interstate Hotshotting.

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    No, that's not what it's for.. it's a thicker diamond plate addon option that LT/LM offers. its not a low boy at all. Look at the picture again, lowboys are much lower to the ground. They actually have fenders like you are thinking of. This is a lowboy. Also thanks for the forum recommendation, I will check it out.
    A10999B7-F7FC-43E7-8587-D17FC048CC2C_5.jpg

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I pulled a true lowboy for many miles so I understand what that is.

I guess the correct term for the configuration you are seeking according to LT is Lo Pro. It is 5" lower than a standard deck over trailer and they have those steel plates in the fender area. The standard Heavy Duty deck over trailers do not. I have just called that configuration a "lowboy" also but that is not the correct term. 5" of deck height may not seem like much but it may make all the difference when it comes to oversized loads and wind resistance.

I also noticed that LT has single wheel 8000# axles available if I saw it correctly. That is a new one on me and may be something you are interested in. Just be sure to watch your GVWR. I assume you don't want to go over that 26k weight rating.

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    Wrong again.. the steel plated deck over wheels portion is an OPTIONAL add-on to a standard heavy-duty flatdeck.. GH14 is the model number go look for it yourself. I will make it easy so we don't keep going back and forth. In fact, it's an option on all of their heavy duty goosenecks. I too have driven and hauled for many years and have been looking for this specifically sized trailer made by Load Trail for about 6 months now and went through all the ins and outs of options to figure out what I want. Here is a link to the GH14 HEAVY DUTY Gooseneck page http://tinyurl.com/my5gnzn .. scroll down, you will see the OPTION to add "Diamond Plate Over Wheels" or "F99" is the code for it in the options list. It does not make anything sit lower at all. If you want anything to sit lower you have to cut out 'wheel wells' just like a bed of a pick up truck. Replacing a piece of wood with steel won't lower anything because those pieces still sit on top of the frame and I-beams. To alter a trailer to ride lower, that depends on the build of the frame, not what's above the frame.

As for the 8k axles, that's actually a nice package. Only adds about 99lbs to total trailer weight. Might be worth it. I'll scour the city for 8k trailers since I can't find any 7k trailers.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I agree with everything you said except that I am wrong.

From PJ's website:

3/16” Diamond Plate Steel Wheel Wells
    Our Low-Profile Goosenecks (LD & LY) receive diamond plate wheel wells. This allows the deck to be as low as possible without sacrificing deck strength.

Gooseneck Trailer Comparison - PJ Trailers

Ninth item up from the bottom.

Yes, you can add it to other trailers but the Lo Pros have to have it.

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    I am sure the low pros have to. But we are not talking about low pros. I am not interested in a low pro. Putting the plates on a standard HD gooseneck, the model I am looking at, does not lower a damn thing, now give it a rest.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom