• ...and so much more!
  • subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Title says it all. One of my work buddies mentioned that his daughter shoots one, and I reckon that it'd be perfect size for the wife.

Located in Spring (North Houston)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Not for the wife as she's not really into guns, but I Have been toying with the idea of the 9mm version for myself as a supplement to my M1 30 Cal carbine.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Just a dumb question but, why not just go to the store and buy one? For about $200 OTD...

subseashooter

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    You will find that probably not many folks on this forum are fond of Hi Points so get ready. Rumor has it they shoot every time but they are ugly. Not giving an opinion, just what I've heard.

Standing by. ;)

I'm not worried about looks, and I know a couple of folks on this forum that have brought them to shoots.

Considering the number of shoots I've made with folks from here, and the tiny percentage of folks from here that I personally know, odds are good that there are more.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    I have friends in KY who have both the 9 mm and .45 Hi-Point carbines, and have fired both on many occassions. They are ugly, and thier finish must be constantly cared for or they'll rust, but they are reliable, accurate, and built like a tank.

If I could find one at a reasonable price, I'd buy one.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Haven't bought a gun since moving back to Texas so I would assume that there is a back ground and tax to the $339 at Academy for the 9mm.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I can not speak to the hi-point carbines, but their pistols I can speak to. In 15 years of teaching level III security and CHL/LTC , I have NEVER had a student with a hi-point make it through a 50 round course of fire without multiple malfunctions. Every single time I have had to supply the student with a gun that functions to finish the course of fire.

Based on my experience with their pistol platform, I would be very leery of anything they make, and doubly so of trusting one to save my life.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I can not speak to the hi-point carbines, but their pistols I can speak to. In 15 years of teaching level III security and CHL/LTC , I have NEVER had a student with a hi-point make it through a 50 round course of fire without multiple malfunctions. Every single time I have had to supply the student with a gun that functions to finish the course of fire.

Based on my experience with their pistol platform, I would be very leery of anything they make, and doubly so of trusting one to save my life.

Sounds like maybe you shouldn't have spoken then ;)

HiPoint pistols suck. Carbines aren't bad. Just clunky.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Once again, Younggun and I agree.

I almost (the carbine saying otherwise) always buy good to great quality from Colt to Browning to Sig and Glock.

The HP carbine (no, I wouldn't own one of their pistols) has it's place as a fun, inexpensive, good enough quality that it goes bang when it's supposed to.

As a truck gun, it's far, far better than simply having my handgun alone.

If my truck gets broken into and it's stolen, well, I'm not out much money. I'm damn sure not going to keep one of my customized, plus optics, Colt LE6920's worth mucho dollars available for theft. So, as a backup truck gun, it aint bad..

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Sounds like maybe you shouldn't have spoken then ;)

HiPoint pistols suck. Carbines aren't bad. Just clunky.

Would be interesting to see f one would complete a NRA Law Enforcement Instructor's course for carbines/ patrol rifle. Somehow I doubt it would make it through the 1300 rounds without major malfunctions.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Once again, Younggun and I agree.

I almost (the carbine saying otherwise) always buy good to great quality from Colt to Browning to Sig and Glock.

The HP carbine (no, I wouldn't own one of their pistols) has it's place as a fun, inexpensive, good enough quality that it goes bang when it's supposed to.

As a truck gun, it's far, far better than simply having my handgun alone.

If my truck gets broken into and it's stolen, well, I'm not out much money. I'm damn sure not going to keep one of my customized, plus optics, Colt LE6920's worth mucho dollars available for theft. So, as a backup truck gun, it aint bad..
    I would not keep any gun I owned available for theft. Spend a couple of bucks if you are going to leave a gun in your vehicle unattended and make it just a little harder than breaking a window to steal it.

subseashooter

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Would be interesting to see f one would complete a NRA Law Enforcement Instructor's course for carbines/ patrol rifle. Somehow I doubt it would make it through the 1300 rounds without major malfunctions.

Should I find one, I'll torture test it WITH you.

Top Bottom