• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishhooker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    Alvarado
    Looking for an econo pickup. We're getting ready to move a few towns over, so I need something that can handle multiple back and forth trips.

Willing to pay up to $1300 in cash. Can work a trade/cash combo if I really like the truck! :-)
    Lynx Defense

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I agree with orbitup. The market is slim pickin's in that price range.

Vehicles that cheap are going to be lacking in reliability, safety, or legality.

Uhaul or even Home Depot may be an aption as well as a local place to rent a trailer for $20 a day type thing.

But good luck. Craigslist is a good resource as well as the local paper for cheap vehicles. Just watch the scammers.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    I think it's possible to find a Ranger or S10 around that price. But I don't think you'll find full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    even Uhaul /Budget has good deals. you typically pay a small fee + mileage. Plus with a big truck it's less trips.

In the past I've paid $60-100 to rent for a day or 2 and make a few trips.

Heck for $1300 you could probably hire a moving company to load, move, and unload.

Sent from my Sig Sauer

Fishhooker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    Alvarado
    I ended up increasing the budget to $1800 and found a full size. Downside to that is the extra $500 is what I had set aside for a smoker.

I know it would have been much cheaper to rent a uhaul, but I would rather do several small loads over a couple weeks- We're closing on a house Monday but our lease isn't up until June, so we have quite a bit of overlap to work with.

With the amount of projects the wife is asking me to do at the new place, I will need something for weekend Home Depot trips.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I ended up increasing the budget to $1800 and found a full size. Downside to that is the extra $500 is what I had set aside for a smoker.

I know it would have been much cheaper to rent a uhaul, but I would rather do several small loads over a couple weeks- We're closing on a house Monday but our lease isn't up until June, so we have quite a bit of overlap to work with.

With the amount of projects the wife is asking me to do at the new place, I will need something for weekend Home Depot trips.

that makes sense. I'll be doing the same thing this fall with 1-2 months overlap.

Top Bottom