WTB Pickup in DFW

Discussion in 'Non-Firearms Classifieds' started by Fishhooker, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Fishhooker

Fishhooker New Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Arlington
    Looking for an econo pickup. We're getting ready to move a few towns over, so I need something that can handle multiple back and forth trips.

Willing to pay up to $1300 in cash. Can work a trade/cash combo if I really like the truck! :-)

2. orbitup

orbitup overlapping backflap TGT Supporter

Nov 6, 2010
    South of Dallas
    I don't think you'll find anything running for $1300. You might need to rent one.

3. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I agree with orbitup. The market is slim pickin's in that price range.

Vehicles that cheap are going to be lacking in reliability, safety, or legality.

Uhaul or even Home Depot may be an aption as well as a local place to rent a trailer for $20 a day type thing.

But good luck. Craigslist is a good resource as well as the local paper for cheap vehicles. Just watch the scammers.

4. Recoil45

Recoil45 Well-Known

Feb 13, 2014
    I think it's possible to find a Ranger or S10 around that price. But I don't think you'll find full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. rman

rman Well-Known

Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    even Uhaul /Budget has good deals. you typically pay a small fee + mileage. Plus with a big truck it's less trips.

In the past I've paid $60-100 to rent for a day or 2 and make a few trips.

Heck for $1300 you could probably hire a moving company to load, move, and unload.

Sent from my Sig Sauer

6. lonestardiver

lonestardiver Active Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Briar
    I have a 94 GMC v6 5spd 8'bed I can sell for 1300.
    4 good tires. Little bit of body damage on drivers side between cab and wheel well.

7. Fishhooker

Fishhooker New Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Arlington
    I ended up increasing the budget to $1800 and found a full size. Downside to that is the extra $500 is what I had set aside for a smoker.

I know it would have been much cheaper to rent a uhaul, but I would rather do several small loads over a couple weeks- We're closing on a house Monday but our lease isn't up until June, so we have quite a bit of overlap to work with.

With the amount of projects the wife is asking me to do at the new place, I will need something for weekend Home Depot trips.

8. rman

rman Well-Known

Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    that makes sense. I'll be doing the same thing this fall with 1-2 months overlap.