• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Looking for a good used single stage press. RCBS Rock Chucker would be nice, but any well built press that accepts standard dies and shell holder will do.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have an RCBS Rock Chucker that I planned to use on my bench but ordered a Dillon RL 550 instead. Had I known that I could tear down my older RL 450 and rebuild it as a new RL 550, I probably would have done that instead of buying the new Dillon. I posted a thread in the reloading section about that project.

The guy I got it from painted it blue to match his Dillon progressive. I have the correct paint (Kelly Green) and planned to pull the ram and repaint it correctly.

I have $75 in the press and would sell it for that if I don't have to paint it. It's just sitting on the floor of my reloading room, right now. Except for the blue paint, and some surface rust on the ram and handle, it's in very nice condition. The presses are bomb proof. My main Rock Chucker has been stored then moved all down the center of the US for over 30 years!

Shipping? That thing is a big chunk of press and it weighs over 15 pounds!

Flash

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    I have an RCBS Rock Chucker that I planned to use on my bench but ordered a Dillon RL 550 instead. Had I known that I could tear down my older RL 450 and rebuild it as a new RL 550, I probably would have done that instead of buying the new Dillon. I posted a thread in the reloading section about that project.

The guy I got it from painted it blue to match his Dillon progressive. I have the correct paint (Kelly Green) and planned to pull the ram and repaint it correctly.

I have $75 in the press and would sell it for that if I don't have to paint it. It's just sitting on the floor of my reloading room, right now. Except for the blue paint, and some surface rust on the ram and handle, it's in very nice condition. The presses are bomb proof. My main Rock Chucker has been stored then moved all down the center of the US for over 30 years!

Shipping? That thing is a big chunk of press and it weighs over 15 pounds!

Flash

Roger...I'm interested. Thanks for the reply. PM sent.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    A couple of years ago at the gun show at the Alzafar Shrine on 1604, I saw an older model RCBS Rock Chucker press laying in a cardboard box next to a dealer's table.

I think he wanted $50. (Even if it was broken, RCBS has a life-time guarantee).

Got to looking at other things and forgot all about it, then the next morning (a Monday), I realized the gun show was over and I could not go back and buy that press.

Have kicked myself in the A$$ ever since.

Note to self: When you see a good buy, jump on it ASAP!

Top Bottom