• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    WTB Ruger LCR .357 and/or Sig P238 and/or Kahr CM9

Okay, so I'm not having much luck finding the other guns that are at the top of my wish list, so thought I'd move a little further down the list and see if anyone has one of these. Looking for a Ruger LCR in .357 Mag and/or a Sig P238 and/or Kahr CM9. Anyone in or around DFW have one of these in good condition that they want to sell?
    ARJ Defense ad

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    Thanks stdreb27 - would prefer to find a nice used one from an individual, but will go the new route if I don't have any luck finding a used one by this weekend. If so, I'll check with CTD.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Zeus, I had the LCR in .357. Great trigger, horrid to shoot with any real 357 round. Sold mine and got the sp101. Just my .02

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    winchster - thanks for the info. Was the problem bad recoil, lack of accuracy, something else? Curious what made the LCR so horrid.

I'm searching for something small enough and light enough that I can pocket carry (with the proper holster) during the summer months. More than likely the P238 fits the bill the best, but I'm not as confident in the .380 caliber. The Kahr CM9 in 9mm is at least a caliber I trust more and one I already have guns in. Would prefer a small and light .357 if it's dependable and accurate.

My normal carry (IWB) is a Colt Defender in .45 ACP, so similarity to the 1911 platform (though far from a copy) in the P238 is appealing. I'd rather have one of the new 2012 production Colt Mustangs but finding one at a decent price is more difficult than finding hens' teeth.

Recoil is normally not a problem for me, as I'm somewhat of a recoil junkie. I now shoot a lot of .357 mag, .45 Colt Ruger Only Loads, and .44 Mag. - albeit all out of fairly heavy guns.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I don't mind recoil, however, the level of recoil with true defensive .357 loads almost hurt lol. It was fine if you target practice with lighter loads and it was definitely light. Awesome trigger and easily carry able in shorts. It was just not pleasant to shoot with real defensive ammo and I like to be able to shoot quite a bit of what I'm carrying so I don't have any surprises.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom