• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Looking for a gun safe, nothing massive, dont really want to pay over $400, so I was hoping someone in the Houston area had one they might have outgrown.....
    DK Firearms

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    I'd suggest you buy one that's worth it. From my experience, the safes in the $400 range are mediocre and you have to really think if you trust putting your firearms and valuables in it.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    which is why I am looking for a used one.....

I even caught that part.

I wonder if safe company's take old ones in trade and resell? I'm sure it wouldn't be as cheap as finding an individual who is upgrading, but it'd be nice to have a pre-owned safe market.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Im looking into purchasing a gun safe also, and I am looking into getting a new one, problem is the good ones are so bulky and large I dont know how I would even get it in my house. I have looked at the ones at Cabelas and I think I will probably get one of them. They are pricey but at the same time so are my guns. I want them protected from fire also.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Actually found one at Bass Pro up hear in dallas today, 279 plus 10% military discount holds 8 pistols easy, very nice, I will more than likley be bringing it back to H-town with me, but still looking...

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Oh ok... You needed a safe for pistols. Sorry, whenever I think of safes, I think about the larger ones that hold like 20 rifles or so. Here's mine:

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4597.jpg

TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    Safe

Looking for a gun safe, nothing massive, dont really want to pay over $400, so I was hoping someone in the Houston area had one they might have outgrown.....

I have a six hundred pound Cannon American Eagle safe 60"H X 36"W X 22" D. that I might consider selling. It will hold 14/28 guns. It has an electronic lock and looks similiar to Cyfers. I had aproximately 30 in. of water in it though. It could easily be re-finished; sanded and painted with some new felt on the lower part. The fire proofing is fine. The bottom layer was felt lined 5/8 dry wall material that is easily replaced. the shelving could be updated. A little work into it and it would be as good as new. I had it anchored with Hilti concrete quick bolts in my garage. The storm surge made it in my garage, no water in my house fortunately I am on pier and beam foundation. I have a new replacement now. Cannon has an excellent no cost repair/replacement warranty. Well the shippers were supposed to pick up the damaged one but did not. So I am left for what to do with it . Academy sells this safe and is asking aprox $800 +tax for this model AE31. This safe was purcahsed in Dec 2007. It is hard to find a used safe. This safe is a fixer upper. Might require a few hours of work to recondition. Sander, paint, felt and about 22"X36" of fire rated sheetrock. The warranty does not transfer. Heck I might do it myself.

DocRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Arlington
    Suggestion: Go to one of your larger local gun shows on the last day of the show. Look for the Granite Security Company booth (made in Fort Worth) and offer to take a display model off their hands for cheap. They love to sell the displays so they don't have to crate them back up and bring them home. Granite makes safes that under various names such as Winchester, Pony, Silverado, Legacy, etc.

I bought the small Legacy model - 26 sq. ft. - 24 long guns - 800 lbs - fire rated at 1200 degrees for 1.25 hours - and they brought it to the house and bolted it to the floor for me. I saved several hundred dollars off what they sell for in the stores and I got a new safe. Just food for thought.

Top Bottom