• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken800

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    I hadn't planned on it but I could, perhaps. Let me look up the location and see if I can make it. I have to work, unfortunately.

ken800

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Scored some Bullseye and Unique today. 2 lbs of each. Happy camper here as my last bullseye jug has about 1/8th in it.

ken800

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Thanks! I just found some online yesterday from a small, obscure company called Chestnut Ridge. They had it at 50 pcs for 22 bucks which isn't too bad. Given most were trying to get $60/100, I figured $45/hundred was fair. I bought 150 since it was $7 flat rate shipping. Starline direct is $0.4880 per piece. At chestnut ridge, I paid $22.15 per 50 and bought 150 so with the flat $7 shipping it came out to .4896 per piece. Obviously Starline gives dealers a break on pricing.

ken800

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Are you casting your own bullets?

Not yet, but I will be very soon. I've got a Lee 405gr HB bullet mold on order. I plan to push it with unique and see what happens. I'm going to use 45/45/10 as my lube and once I get a load I like (assuming I can with Unique), I'm going to try a few powder coated and see what happens to accuracy. I'll be shooting with iron sights (ordered some nice looking skinner sights). I'm not looking for tack driver -- just looking for accuracy to keep them close but have fun shooting it.

Top Bottom