• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The ones for $499? What kind of shape was it in?

The issues listed in this one review cause me concern...

CAI did fair job on it. Paint is rough flat black and is not even close to its original. Sear pin was damaged and needed to be replaced. Gas piston has not been precisely machined and needed some attention. I strongly recommend you to take yours to your local gunsmith to have it checked out before you fire it. Overall its great gun for the money. Love it, even though its not the original VZ 58. J&G SALES shipped it immediately after receiving all necessary info from me. Thanks guys!

Cheers! M2

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    The one I received is in great shape. I took it to the range and it was dead on with open sights at 100 yards. It never had a FTF or FTE, never jammed or misfired. It shot just like my AK's do. I love it. The finish is great on it. The only thing is that the metal on the gas tube turned grey after 500 rounds but thats probably because I was running mags back to back and it got pretty hot. I changed the grip out to a FAB because it feels better. Here it is. VZ2008 VZ04121 7.62x39 FAB grip.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    That's nice looking, I spent time in the Slovak Republic with what was then known as the 2d Regiment of the Slovak Special Forces (soon later to be redesignated as the 5 Pluk Specialneho Urcenia or 5th SF Regiment) in Zilina. Being paratroopers, they used the folding stock version like the one in this pic...

abu.sized.jpg

I didn't get much range time with one but I do recall it being light and controllable. Oddly enough, with all my AK collecting I have yet to pick one up. Figured now was as good as time as any.

Might wait to see what this weekend's gun show has to offer before going online to order one.

Cheers! M2

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I couldn't find a folder. Believe me I looked everywhere. I figure I'll get a Stormworks adapter and put an Ace skeleton stock on it. I see them at the gun shows all the time, mostly on the smaller tables. Good luck with your hunt. I hope you find one. They are great rifles.
    Keep your eye out on the CZ forum. They pop up in the classifieds every now and then.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I don't think you'll find anything decent for less than $500 and that would be for a century gun. Mine was riddled with small issues but still worth every penny. You may need to be pretty gun-saavy to make it run well but they are pretty simple machines. I have heard that the wire-style folding stock is unpleasant to shoot. I even added a neoprene pad to my VZ2008 because the stock punches you right in the cheekbone when you fire it. Here's the review I put out on them a while back. http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/rifles/26466-cz-58-versus-vz2008.html

Top Bottom