• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    Agreed, and this is not just limited to race but also sexual orientation. I don't understand why someone should get more time for beating up a gay person than they would a straight one. The act is the crime, and the resulting punishment should be the same.

But in the above case I do also agree that if they attacker hadn't used a racial slur in one of the videos the crime would not have received Federal attention.

All these idiots should spend a considerably amount of time in jail regardless of who their target was!
    i agree, sexual orientation shouldn't be a hate crime either
    Hurley's Gold

Professor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Garland
    A criminal's need to brag about the crimes he commits never ceases to amaze me. When I was a Burglary Division detective, it was surprising how many of our leads came from someone that the burglar had shown their stash to or at least bragged to them about it. This guy not only videoed himself committing the crime, but then showed the video to others like he was really proud of being able to sucker punch an elderly man. What a brave hero. :mad:

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    A criminal's need to brag about the crimes he commits never ceases to amaze me. When I was a Burglary Division detective, it was surprising how many of our leads came from someone that the burglar had shown their stash to or at least bragged to them about it. This guy not only videoed himself committing the crime, but then showed the video to others like he was really proud of being able to sucker punch an elderly man. What a brave hero. :mad:

Yep and that's the whole freaking problem right there, those individuals brandish it proudly like a badge of honor pinned upon their chest. This in turn influences the next very immpresional mind to follow suit so he/she to can brag about how brave and tuff they are.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Was once told by a homicide detective that if criminals learned to shut their mouths, they'd probably get away with a lot more.

Personally, I don't mind stupid, loose-lipped criminals and I really appreciate those who drop a dime on them!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    To me calling something a race based crime is just a load of crap. It shouldnt matter who the victims are and what color they are. Just another thing to drive a wedge between the races. If you do a crime the punishment should be the same as anyone else doing the same crime. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The name of that law should ring a bell. some guys near Jasper drug a black man behind their truck, wait fir it, because he was black so yes. some crimes are committed solely based on race.

I do agree its used too widely, but it is sometimes accurate. and in this case i think its appropriate.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Agreed, and this is not just limited to race but also sexual orientation. I don't understand why someone should get more time for beating up a gay person than they would a straight one. The act is the crime, and the resulting punishment should be the same.

But in the above case I do also agree that if they attacker hadn't used a racial slur in one of the videos the crime would not have received Federal attention.

All these idiots should spend a considerably amount of time in jail regardless of who their target was!
    Hate crime laws are used to exclude your 1st Amendment rights (Freedom of speech). At this time its primarily used to "protect" minorities against hate!

Hate is very difficult to define and it is really a sliding scale that only the Feds can apply. It to the point that anything you say to a minority that offends them becomes "hate speech". In other words the person who was offended gets to make the call. For anyone who has studied the Rise of Hitler or of communism in any country you will see how hate crime laws are implemented and after a time it comes to mean what the govt wants it to mean. Here in the US we are seeing attacks on religions speech, and attacks on right wing talk radio. Right now hate crime is linked to a physical action...but how long before its not and when that happens as it has all over the world then the govt can suppress anything it chooses.

What if you are walking down the street and are attacked by a group of blacks. In the altercation you begin using 'hate speech' against the gang. You are beaten, wallet stolen, spend a couple of days in a hospital. [all on camera] Can YOU be charged with a hate crime????? YES!

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    what if you are walking down the street and are attacked by a group of blacks. In the altercation you begin using 'hate speech' against the gang. You are beaten, wallet stolen, spend a couple of days in a hospital. [all on camera] can you be charged with a hate crime????? Yes!

say what?!?!

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    You know what would be a fitting punishment for that crime....
    I'm thinking the terrorist interrogation scene from the movie "Zero Dark Thirty". Allow the victim themselves or designate a person of their choice to move in and just pummel the punk. Video and post it on that web site (hip hop whatever the crap it's called) and send the message that this is what will happen to you if you so decide to partake in this senseless act of violence.

As satisfying as it sounds, using physical torture as punitive action is just as bad as the crime itself. A decade in prison is much worse in the long run than a few hours of pain and is much more justifiable.

-TXG-

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    The name of that law should ring a bell. some guys near Jasper drug a black man behind their truck, wait fir it, because he was black so yes. some crimes are committed solely based on race.

I do agree its used too widely, but it is sometimes accurate. and in this case i think its appropriate.
    yes and those guys got the death penalty if i remember right, without hate crimes laws

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Was once told by a homicide detective that if criminals learned to shut their mouths, they'd probably get away with a lot more.

Personally, I don't mind stupid, loose-lipped criminals and I really appreciate those who drop a dime on them!

I thought that was common sense. I guess some people are just too dumb to be any use to themselves. I know IF I were to commit a crime that would get me anything more than a slap on the wrist, I would keep it to myself either forever or until enough time passed that nobody would care anymore.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Just a thought in the good ole usa justice is blind right? Right!!!
    These thugs are black? Right? Right! Slavery has been around since time began.
    We just happened to wind up on these shores. Time passes lo and behold we are free. Right? Right!
    To live as equals under the law.
    Our fathers fought for and died for this right, right? Right!
    So the law applies to all equally. Right? Right! Those thugs should be charged with hate crimes!!!
    No more no less!!!! Same crime same time!!!!!!
    We as a black people use this slavery bs. As a crutch, enough enough enough!!
    Same land same law.. One can not clam equal rights, then holler discrimination when it suits one.
    When you say level playing field thats what it means.
    Same rules apply right? Right!

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I think the whole idea of hate crimes is a bunch of BS anyway. It basically constitutes thought crimes in my book. The First Amendment does not limit our ability to hate another person, regardless of whether it was ill conceived notions that led to that hate. Don't get me wrong I believe hating anyone is immoral and I'll be the first to admit being guilty of hate but it definitely should not be illegal. Let society handle the problems that come with hate and not the heavy biased hand of the government.

Just a thought in the good ole usa justice is blind right? Right!!!
    These thugs are black? Right? Right! Slavery has been around since time began.
    We just happened to wind up on these shores. Time passes lo and behold we are free. Right? Right!
    To live as equals under the law.
    Our fathers fought for and died for this right, right? Right!
    So the law applies to all equally. Right? Right! Those thugs should be charged with hate crimes!!!
    No more no less!!!! Same crime same time!!!!!!
    We as a black people use this slavery bs. As a crutch, enough enough enough!!
    Same land same law.. One can not clam equal rights, then holler discrimination when it suits one.
    When you say level playing field thats what it means.
    Same rules apply right? Right!

Also this. I think this applies equally to the unfair treatment minorities get for other crimes. It's sad that white people VERY much statistically have lesser punishments on a multitude of crimes, especially when it comes to drug laws. Even just the way you dress in court can seem to make a big difference, which it shouldn't (I know this first hand). I say we should require judges to wear a blindfold on the bench but unfortunately that won't make a difference. Perhaps separating the judges from the accused and making them simply read documents pertaining to their crimes with the name redacted would help but that still leaves bias in the hands of the police officers who create the reports.

Last edited:

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Say, what is it you are not understanding?

You're saying that if I'm attacked, beaten, robbed, and left for dead by a group of individuals whether they're white, black, brown, green or yellow and at some point I direct a derogatory statement at one or all of them during the altercation I can be charged with a hate crime? I as a victim of a crime can be charged with a hate crime? Though it is very unpleasant it's not against the law to say a racial slur, Freedom Of Speech. Granted the using of racial slurs during a physical assault on someone leaves obvious grounds but the assault in itself is a crime adding the racial slurs upon the assault shows possible motive of the attack. Please explain to me how, if was to call a white guy a "creepy ass cracka" and he then beats me senseless and runs off with my wallet, that I can then be charged with a hate crime as a result....

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    As satisfying as it sounds, using physical torture as punitive action is just as bad as the crime itself. A decade in prison is much worse in the long run than a few hours of pain and is much more justifiable.

-TXG-

Historically it would appear as though they come out better more educated criminals, only to return later.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    You're saying that if I'm attacked, beaten, robbed, and left for dead by a group of individuals whether they're white, black, brown, green or yellow and at some point I direct a derogatory statement at one or all of them during the altercation I can be charged with a hate crime? I as a victim of a crime can be charged with a hate crime? Though it is very unpleasant it's not against the law to say a racial slur, Freedom Of Speech. Granted the using of racial slurs during a physical assault on someone leaves obvious grounds but the assault in itself is a crime adding the racial slurs upon the assault shows possible motive of the attack. Please explain to me how, if was to call a white guy a "creepy ass cracka" and he then beats me senseless and runs off with my wallet, that I can then be charged with a hate crime as a result....

From the same interview I noted in my reply earlier, no that does not meet the criteria for a hate crime. Now will it be used against you in the court of public opinion, sure.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

In THIS context: if you are walking down the street and are attacked by a group of blacks. In the altercation you begin using 'hate speech' against the gang. You are beaten, wallet stolen, spend a couple of days in a hospital. [all on camera] Can YOU be charged with a hate crime????? YES! The requirement is there be physical action, whether or not you started it or were just defending yourself. Granted a decent lawyer should be able to get you off, but the reality is you can be charged...

"creepy ass cracka" is NOT hate speech http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

You need to understand what hate crime laws are. They are a set of laws which give certain groups of people specific and general rights and privileges that the rest of society does not enjoy.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    "creepy ass cracka" is NOT hate speech http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs
    You need to understand what hate crime laws are. They are a set of laws which give certain groups of people specific and general rights and privileges that the rest of society does not enjoy.

It has cracker listed, as well as honkey, whitey, and redneck.
    Not that those terms are actually considered as hate speech by society.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom