• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    So I just watched a report on my local news about a teenager who hit an 80 year old man as part of the knockout game. The suspect who is a punk a$$ white kid knocked out the elderly gentleman who is black, now the white kid is being brought up on hate crime charges. Now I could care less what ethnicity either one of the individual's involved are I think the whole knockout game fiasco is complete chicken $hit. I'm sitting here just stewing about thereve been black thugs that knocked out a white person and were only brought up on assault charges, a white kid knocks out a black person and it's a hate crime.... They did report the punk had made racial statements in the past so I can see the justification for adding on the hate crime charges. However I've seen other reports in the past where the attacker was black and as they attacked a white victim they were calling them derogatory names but yet that's not considered a hate crime. How's this ok?
    Lynx Defense

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    If you are white, you are wrong. So it goes.

That said, any knock-out ass-holes should go away for a long time. Maybe in the slammer, they'll get a few knock outs put on them.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Ohhh how I wish I could be around to witness a knockout crime in person. Don't get me wrong-I don't think it should happen AT ALL. But if it DOES happen around my area....I really hope I'm there to react for the victim.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    after seein' the old man this piece of shit 'knocked out' I would earnestly like to knock HIM out and stand on his throat

You know what would be a fitting punishment for that crime....
    I'm thinking the terrorist interrogation scene from the movie "Zero Dark Thirty". Allow the victim themselves or designate a person of their choice to move in and just pummel the punk. Video and post it on that web site (hip hop whatever the crap it's called) and send the message that this is what will happen to you if you so decide to partake in this senseless act of violence.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Reading an article this morning it sounded as if this guy was intending to get into national news based on it being a racial role reversal. If that's really true, no idea. For all I know the guy is a supremest and doesn't like anybody with darker colored skin than him.

We'll see how it pans out.

If you are white, you are wrong. So it goes.

lol I told DH considering the current political/social environment, I may have picked the wrong horse when I chose him :p

That said, any knock-out ass-holes should go away for a long time. Maybe in the slammer, they'll get a few knock outs put on them.
    Yessir. Red, yellow, purple, blue or green you don't assault people and not expect appropriate punishment.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Yet if the idiot is white and the victim is black, it qualifies as a "hate crime" according to Katy Man Charged with Federal Hate Crime for Punching and Breaking Jaw of 79-Year-Old African-American Man...

HOUSTON—Conrad Alvin Barrett, 27, has been charged with a federal hate crime related to a racially motivated assault of a 79-year-old African-American man, announced United States Attorney Kenneth Magidson, along with Acting Assistant Attorney General Jocelyn Samuels of the Civil Rights Division and Special Agent in Charge Stephen L. Morris of the FBI.

“Suspected crimes of this nature will simply not be tolerated,” said Magidson. “Evidence of hate crimes will be vigorously investigated and prosecuted with the assistance of all our partners to the fullest extent of the law.”

The criminal complaint was filed under seal December 24, 2013, and unsealed today upon Barrett’s arrest. He is expected to make an initial appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge Frances Stacy at 10:00 a.m. or 2:00 p.m.

The complaint charges Barrett, of Katy, with one count of violating the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act. According to the complaint, on November 24, 2013, Barrett attacked the elderly man because of the man’s race and color in what Barrett called a “knockout.”

“Hate crimes tear at the fabric of entire communities,” said Samuels. “As always, the Civil Rights Division will work with our federal and state law enforcement partners to ensure that hate crimes are identified and prosecuted and that justice is done.”

Barrett allegedly recorded himself on his cell phone attacking the man and showed the video to others. The complaint alleges Barrett made several videos, one in which he identifies himself and another in which he makes a racial slur. In addition, Barrett had allegedly been working up the “courage” to play the knockout game for approximately a week.

The “knockout game” is an assault in which an assailant aims to knockout an unsuspecting victim with one punch. According to the complaint, the conduct has been called other names, and there have been similar incidents dating as far back as 1992.

According to the complaint, Barrett comments in a video that “the plan is to see if I were to hit a black person, would this be nationally televised?” The complaint further alleges Barrett claims he would not hit “defenseless people” just moments before punching the elderly man in the face. Barrett allegedly hit the man with such force that the man immediately fell to the ground. Barrett then laughed and said “knockout” as he ran to his vehicle and fled, according to allegations. The complaint indicates the victim suffered two jaw fractures and was hospitalized for several days as a result of the attack.

“It is unimaginable in this day and age that one could be drawn to violently attack another based on the color of their skin,” said Morris. “We remind all citizens we are protected under the law from such racially motivated attacks and encourage everyone to report such crimes to the FBI.”

If convicted, Barrett faces a statutory maximum of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

The investigation was conducted by the FBI in cooperation with the Fulshear and Katy Police Departments, as well as the Drug Enforcement Administration. The case is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorneys Ruben R. Perez and Joe Magliolo and Civil Rights Division Trial Attorneys Saeed Mody and Olimpia Michel in cooperation with Ft. Bend County District Attorney John Healey.

A criminal complaint is merely an accusation of criminal conduct, not evidence. A defendant is presumed innocent unless proven guilty through due process of law.

This is Barrett...

knockout27n-2-web.jpg

Don't get me wrong, all these morons need to be jailed; but considering that the vast majority of these cases involve black youths attacking white victims for this one to earn Federal attention as a "hate crime" whereas others are not makes it tough to believe there isn't any racial bias going on. In the other incident referred to in that article, where New York police previously charged suspect Marajh Amrit with a hate crime in the alleged attack of a white Jewish man as part of a "knockout" game, I don't see where the FBI is involved.

I normally don't subscribe to such theories but I guess since the black attackers are not claiming that they select their victims based on race (which I believe they are) that mere fact is keeping them from being prosecuted for Federal crimes like this idiot.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I normally don't subscribe to such theories but I guess since the black attackers are not claiming that they select their victims based on race (which I believe they are) that mere fact is keeping them from being prosecuted for Federal crimes like this idiot.

I think this is going in the right direction. I was watching a program and they had a panel of lawyers discussing the knock out game and why the black perps hadn't been charged with hate crimes. It hinged on targeting of a person because of race, not just the race being different in an attack. It made sense when I heard it. I'm not great at articulating so I'll see if I can find the explanation.

Perhaps overall if this guy had kept his mouth shut, then he would have accomplished the goal of testing the water of race in the knock out game. But him acknowledging the race card makes the case he targeted the victim.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    To me calling something a race based crime is just a load of crap. It shouldnt matter who the victims are and what color they are. Just another thing to drive a wedge between the races. If you do a crime the punishment should be the same as anyone else doing the same crime. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    To me calling something a race based crime is just a load of crap. It shouldnt matter who the victims are and what color they are. Just another thing to drive a wedge between the races. If you do a crime the punishment should be the same as anyone else doing the same crime. Just my opinion

Agreed, and this is not just limited to race but also sexual orientation. I don't understand why someone should get more time for beating up a gay person than they would a straight one. The act is the crime, and the resulting punishment should be the same.

But in the above case I do also agree that if they attacker hadn't used a racial slur in one of the videos the crime would not have received Federal attention.

All these idiots should spend a considerably amount of time in jail regardless of who their target was!

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Things that make you go "hmmmm": Guangdong province in China has recently added purse snatching with violence to the list of Capitol Crimes. Latest report: purse snatchings are WAAYYYYYY down.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    To me calling something a race based crime is just a load of crap. ...

Crimes (or enhanced punishment for crimes) that hinge upon the state of mind of the perp are nothing new. Some of the Founders had real problems with making "conspiracy" into a crime. After all, conspiring to commit a crime doesn't hurt anyone. It's not a crime in the physical world. Nevertheless, they ultimately accepted the notion that conspiracy to commit a crime could, in itself, be a crime.

The notion that we should be judged solely on what we do, rather than what we think, died right there.

This society long ago accepted the notion that you can be charged with a crime and/or more severely punished based solely on the thoughts you hold in your head. From race-based enhancements to the concept of conspiracy to some obscenity statutes and more, the examples are legion.

Hate crime statutes are just a logical extension.

If we wanted to tell the government that we shouldn't be subjected to extra punishment for the thoughts we think, well, then, that battle was joined and lost a long, long time ago.

Top Bottom