Gun Zone Deals

WTH!!! Phil Robertson suspended from Duck Dynasty....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    "The left responded to criticism of its actions in the Phil Robertson case by arguing that they are not violating the First Amendment. And they aren't. Directly. Though indirectly their entire culture of activism and the promotion of their values is funded by the government. But free speech can be structurally suppressed without ever officially involving the authorities in the dirty work.

If the outcome is the end of free speech, then the details of how it got that way become academic. If instead of a top-down solution, the actual death of free speech involves a mid-level intervention by an oligarchy of media and new media outlets, activist groups and fearful businesses banding together to make free speech impossible while the authorities go on smiling and insisting that speech is still free; then the destination is the same. Only the road we took to get there will have changed.
    The First Amendment was not just a legal safeguard against government abuses, but a statement that an open society is best. The letter of the law protects the people from government intervention, but the spirit of the law is an argument for an open society in which the freedom to worship, to speak and to protest against the government make all our freedoms possible.
    The left aspires to a society in which dissent is suppressed. And a society without dissent is totalitarian whether it is ruled by the hateful mob of the Two Minutes Hate or by Big Brother."

Daniel Greenfield is a New York City based writer and blogger and a Shillman Journalism Fellow of the David Horowitz Freedom Center.

Sultan Knish

The reality is that PR has the right to speak as he sees fit and at the same time A&E has the right to fire him. But the results are a suppression of our basic 1st A right to free speech. Whether its Hitler and his Storm Troopers or A&E firing the results become the same...

I know Daniel Greenfield, one of the smartest guys I know, brilliant writer...

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    they read Willies Twitter post on Fox this morning. I think he is wrong calling his dad's comments "crude"

Phil used proper medical terms to describe body parts. What terms did he expect him to use, maybe bung hole and snatch would have been better??

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    they read Willies Twitter post on Fox this morning. I think he is wrong calling his dad's comments "crude"

Phil used proper medical terms to describe body parts. What terms did he expect him to use, maybe bung hole and snatch would have been better??
    That is CRUDE man, I am OFFENDED, he should have called them" Gash and chit chute...

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    pegu4yre.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nonattrit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Fort Hood Area
    The entire "Duckgate" liberal feeding frenzy doesnt suprize me nor should it even raise an eybrow considering the PC theme these days - Case in point: I was watching the news(?) this morning and one of the main highlights was the push for more co-ed bathrooms. Not for green reasons, it was to be more sensitive to transgender personnel. The reports said they were confused as to which bathroom to use if they have to choose....no I'm not making this up.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Backlash? Publicity Stunt?

Whatever..............................................

Lets get on with the new line of Duck Commander (Robertson family) branded guns from Mossberg!!!!

Robertson family gun line launches, heading to stores in 2014 | Fox News

Robertson family gun line launches, heading to stores in 2014

Just as it seemed the media hype surrounding the “Duck Dynasty” cast was dying down, the A&E reality family is back with a bang, as a new video announcing their new gun line began circulating online.
    In a promo ad that reads like a movie trailer, Phil Robertson can be heard reciting the familiar lines of the Declaration of Independence.
    “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, and they’ve been endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights,” his voice declares. “And those are rights that no government can take from you.”
    In the ad, produced by the gun company Mossberg & Sons, the Robertson men are seen in their go-to camo apparel, handling a gun that reads “Faith. Family. Ducks.”
    “You know what makes me happy, ladies and gentleman? To blow a mallard drake's head smooth off,” he says at the end of the ad.
    A rep for Mossberg & Sons told FOX411 the guns should be available in select stores soon.
    "We have begun shipping semi-auto rifles and pistols and some of the shotguns. Cabela's and Academy Sports & Outdoors have already placed orders and guns should be arriving in-store any day."
    She added that the company expects other retailers to pick up the line shortly.
    "Also, Mossberg is sold through two-step distribution, so any licensed FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer can purchase these firearms through a wholesaler."
    The gun line promo comes on the heels of news that Phil Robertson will resume filming for the hit A&E show, after he was suspended for nine days following some controversial comments he made to GQ about homosexual sex and African-Americans.
    The Mossberg rep told us the company is excited to work with the famous family of hunters.
    "Mossberg is excited to partner with the Duck Commanders; the alignment of two family-owned and operated businesses to promote the traditions of waterfowl hunting and family values."

Reps for A&E declined to comment.

Gun maker Mossberg partners with 'Duck Dynasty' family to release 12 firearms | AL.com

Firearms manufacturer Mossberg has partnered with the Robertson-family owned Duck Commander to release 12 different types of guns.
    Mossberg partnered with the “Duck Dynasty” family make nine different shotguns, as well as two semiautomatic rifles and a semiautomatic pistol, according to a CNN report..................

...........The pistol and one of the rifles have military-style designs with large capacity magazines holding at least 25 rounds. The rifle has some of the features of an assault rifle, but with a relatively low .22 caliber...............

Ha, Ha, I bet the anti-gun, anti-everything but exactly what they believe in crowd is choking on a hairball :)

131230131417-duck-commander-guns-620xa.jpg

Last edited:

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Backlash? Publicity Stunt?

Whatever..............................................

Lets get on with the new line of Duck Commander (Robertson family) branded guns from Mossberg!!!!

Robertson family gun line launches, heading to stores in 2014 | Fox News

Gun maker Mossberg partners with 'Duck Dynasty' family to release 12 firearms | AL.com

Ha, Ha, I bet the anti-gun, anti-everything but exactly what they believe in crowd is choking on a hairball :)

131230131417-duck-commander-guns-620xa.jpg

Saw this earlier, I think its greatness. Im sure the anti-gunners are about messin themselves right now. Wonder what ye ole President thinks about it? Lol

Top Bottom