Lynx Defense

WTH!!! Phil Robertson suspended from Duck Dynasty....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    1524993_625099174219552_963540266_n.jpg

amen!
    Target Sports

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    The man has a right to speak his mind. He didn't call for homosexuals to be lynched and he didn't shout, "Death to America!" (for which the Left would probably swoon and love him for ever). I'm really sick of PC bullshit and for this total intolerance towards anything that goes against the Left's agenda.

Basically what I was thinking as well.

I don't understand why people get all tangled up over others hate or dislike for anyone else. I could care less what you feel about how I live my life so why should you care about how I feel about how you live yours? As long as anyone's views aren't hindering of your own pursuit of life, liberty and happiness, what's it matter?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    What is getting shoved under the rug is the real issue. Whether or not you agree or disagree or somewhat agree or disagree is NOT the issue here. The real issue is freedom of speech. Our 1st Amendment rights are all but gone in the US. The only reason why they have gone after him is they are a rather conservative group. The left can and does say anything they want, but let anyone say something they don't like and suddenly they are offended and screaming like a baby taken away from mama's teat.

If I have to give up my rights to give you yours and I lose my rights in the process then that is wrong. But its what the far left want. Paula Deen lost her job for what, something she said 20 years earlier, she did nothing wrong, and neither has DD. The most intolerant people are those on the far left..

Unless something radical happens in this country you will not have your Bill of Rights in my lifetime and I am nearly 70!

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    What is getting shoved under the rug is the real issue. Whether or not you agree or disagree or somewhat agree or disagree is NOT the issue here. The real issue is freedom of speech. Our 1st Amendment rights are all but gone in the US. The only reason why they have gone after him is they are a rather conservative group. The left can and does say anything they want, but let anyone say something they don't like and suddenly they are offended and screaming like a baby taken away from mama's teat.

If I have to give up my rights to give you yours and I lose my rights in the process then that is wrong. But its what the far left want. Paula Deen lost her job for what, something she said 20 years earlier, she did nothing wrong, and neither has DD. The most intolerant people are those on the far left..

Unless something radical happens in this country you will not have your Bill of Rights in my lifetime and I am nearly 70!

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

DING DING DING!!!!!:drummer:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Um, they did not infringe on his 1st amendment rights in any way. He was, and still is, free to say whatever he likes concerning his views outside of any contractual obligations pertaining to the show and A&E. Even then, it would be a civil case and not criminal.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I don't really agree with the sin stuff, but he's entitled to his opinions and people need to stop being so squeamish over opinions. He didn't even say anything derogatory. A&E just fucked themselves. I'm sipping out of my "happy, happy, happy" cup as I type this.

Just had a thought... anything branded "Duck Dynasty" goes to A&E right? Not that I've bought any of their stuff, but I'll be damn sure not to in the future. Might just go buy something branded Duck Commander or Buck Commander just to spite A&E, tho.

My roommate has been bugging met to get a duck commander call just for novelty for a while. This bs move by a&e just sealed that deal. Who knows, might come on handy when SHTF.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I thought about getting something with Phil's picture or some other crap but the money would go to A&E so my show of support would only help the ones that pissed me off.

The duck call would be a better move.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I thought about getting something with Phil's picture or some other crap but the money would go to A&E so my show of support would only help the ones that pissed me off.

The duck call would be a better move.

Get a DC call, that wont support them. Tote it around with you and tute your horn do to speak.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    They have a ton of hunting videos out there that aren't affiliated with A&E. Phill and company have actually been making videos for quite some time. I grew up in that area and Duck Commander was a big deal well before the A&E show.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Um, they did not infringe on his 1st amendment rights in any way. He was, and still is, free to say whatever he likes concerning his views outside of any contractual obligations pertaining to the show and A&E. Even then, it would be a civil case and not criminal.
    Really...Deen, DD and a host of others have lost jobs due to something they SAID, NOT an action they took against someone, solely based upon their PERSONAL belief. While I do not blame you, you are only a reflection of what you have been taught and its clear you and I have different views, much different. Like I said you will lose your Bill of Rights and I will most likely live to see it unless something radically changes the direction this country is going.
    I doubt you do it, but some personal study on our Constitution and our founding documents along with the "Hate Crime" LAWS we have in this nation would be of benefit...maybe.

Today's young men and women have no idea what they are losing and about to lose, Obama is NOT finished yet!

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Ole Cowboy.....you are correct. It isnt about whether or not they outright violated his 1st amendment rights. It is about the way the left is using instances like this to "chip away" at our rights slowly but surely. It is a way to try and make the whole country "feel bad" for their beliefs. Before we know it our rights will be whittled away to nothing. Its just like gun rights, they arent going after them in an all out attempt to eliminate the right at once, they are trying to pass legislation and condition people little by little until they succeed in taking those rights too. Thats why when the Rhinos "give a little" or "compromise" we should and do get pissed off at them. When it comes to our rights there is NO compromise.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    DING DING DING!!!!!:drummer:

Put away your ding a ling

A&E contact info Ms. Abbe Raven, CEO A&E Television Networks 235 East 45th St. New York, NY 10017 ABBE RAVEN (CEO) Abbe.Raven@aetn.com WHITNEY GOIT (SR. EVP) whitney.goit@aetn.com ROBERT DEBITETTO (EVP) robert.debitetto@aetn.com COLLEEN CONWAY (Director of Non-Fiction Programming) colleen.conway@aetn.com GENERAL EMAIL: ae.viewerrelations@aetv.com ABBE RAVEN (CEO) LINE: (212) 210-9007 GENERAL TELEPHONE: (212) 210-1400

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Ole Cowboy.....you are correct. It isnt about whether or not they outright violated his 1st amendment rights. It is about the way the left is using instances like this to "chip away" at our rights slowly but surely. It is a way to try and make the whole country "feel bad" for their beliefs. Before we know it our rights will be whittled away to nothing. Its just like gun rights, they arent going after them in an all out attempt to eliminate the right at once, they are trying to pass legislation and condition people little by little until they succeed in taking those rights too. Thats why when the Rhinos "give a little" or "compromise" we should and do get pissed off at them. When it comes to our rights there is NO compromise.
    It might be noted that most of those who lose jobs and face repercussions are conservative and Christians. There is no shortage of inflammatory, racist, homophobia etc statements made by the left, news people, blacks etc. In fact they can say and do anything, use whatever language they want and they get a pass, often they get open cheers.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    some personal study on our Constitution and our founding document
    You quoted it, but don't seem to understand it. "Congress shall make no law..." A&E isn't the government, so him being fired isn't a 1st amendment violation. An employer has every right to fire you if they don't like something you say, just as you have every right to kick someone out of your house for saying something you don't like. I think this is a huge mistake on A&E's part, but they have every right to make that mistake.

The real issue here is the wussification of America. People need to stop having such knee jerk emotional reactions to personal opinions. If anything, Phil should be respected for given his honest thoughts on the matter, describing his beliefs in a humorous manner, and not actually being derogatory. I heard one person say on Megan Kelly's show that the very belief that gay sex is a sin is derogatory, but people like that are the wusses that are the problem. That guy needs to go look up the definition of derogatory, accept that some people might have beliefs different than his own, and grow a thicker skin.

It might be noted that most of those who lose jobs and face repercussions are conservative and Christians. There is no shortage of inflammatory, racist, homophobia etc statements made by the left, news people, blacks etc. In fact they can say and do anything, use whatever language they want and they get a pass, often they get open cheers.
    There is definitely a double standard there

Last edited:

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Put away your ding a ling

A&E contact info Ms. Abbe Raven, CEO A&E Television Networks 235 East 45th St. New York, NY 10017 ABBE RAVEN (CEO) Abbe.Raven@aetn.com WHITNEY GOIT (SR. EVP) whitney.goit@aetn.com ROBERT DEBITETTO (EVP) robert.debitetto@aetn.com COLLEEN CONWAY (Director of Non-Fiction Programming) colleen.conway@aetn.com GENERAL EMAIL: ae.viewerrelations@aetv.com ABBE RAVEN (CEO) LINE: (212) 210-9007 GENERAL TELEPHONE: (212) 210-1400

But......but.......why?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    You quoted it, but don't seem to understand it. "Congress shall make no law..." A&E isn't the government, so him being fired isn't a 1st amendment violation. An employer has every right to fire you if they don't like something you say, just as you have every right to kick someone out of your house for saying something you don't like. I think this is a huge mistake on A&E's part, but they have every right to make that mistake.

The real issue here is the wussification of America. People need to stop having such knee jerk emotional reactions to personal opinions. If anything, Phil should be respected for given his honest thoughts on the matter, describing his beliefs in a humorous manner, and not actually being derogatory. I heard one person say on Megan Kelly's show that the very belief that gay sex is a sin is derogatory, but people like that are the wusses that are the problem. That guy needs to go look up the definition of derogatory, accept that some people might have beliefs different than his own, and grow a thicker skin.
    Then we and you do not have freedom of speech. Had PR go out and spoke of A&E, then the justification is clearly there, but he did not, he was FIRED because he is a redneck, conservative and a Christian. There is NOTHING he said that was an attack on or hate speech, in fact just the opposite, he stated he "loved them". Further more when does a very small minority of the population have the rights to take away his rights to free speech and you do not have free speech if you suffer for you speaking. Did anything he say go to promote or cause and action on someone? No!

I find the so called outrage by the 'gay' community OFFENSIVE to me, then they should lose their jobs, YES????????????

When you PICK and CHOSE who has rights and who has not, then NO ONE has rights and that is were we are at, you have lost your GOD GIVEN rights...Now we have rights by government fiat, rule by emotion not by laws. We are no longer a nation of laws but a nation where the whims of men are the law of the day...want to really see it: Obamacare, its law and how often have we heard from its sycophants "Obamacare is the law of the land, get over it". Really, then why has Obama made over 20 changes to the law as he sees fit, excluding some but not others. He does not have this authority. Our Constitution is all but gone in this once great country

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here

This is how I see it also. There is no constitutional right guaranteeing a person's job when that person makes remarks their employer strongly disagrees with.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Then we and you do not have freedom of speech. Had PR go out and spoke of A&E, then the justification is clearly there, but he did not, he was FIRED because he is a redneck, conservative and a Christian. There is NOTHING he said that was an attack on or hate speech, in fact just the opposite, he stated he "loved them". Further more when does a very small minority of the population have the rights to take away his rights to free speech and you do not have free speech if you suffer for you speaking. Did anything he say go to promote or cause and action on someone? No!

I find the so called outrage by the 'gay' community OFFENSIVE to me, then they should lose their jobs, YES????????????

When you PICK and CHOSE who has rights and who has not, then NO ONE has rights and that is were we are at, you have lost your GOD GIVEN rights...Now we have rights by government fiat, rule by emotion not by laws. We are no longer a nation of laws but a nation where the whims of men are the law of the day...want to really see it: Obamacare, its law and how often have we heard from its sycophants "Obamacare is the law of the land, get over it". Really, then why has Obama made over 20 changes to the law as he sees fit, excluding some but not others. He does not have this authority. Our Constitution is all but gone in this once great country

You are ignoring the rights of the employer.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom