• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Austin
    I have been burned in the past and was sold a stolen pistol by an FFL. It was returned to the state where it was reported stolen and hopefully made it to the rightful owner.

I am considering buying a used pistol on gunbroker and don't want to buy something stolen again. It will be coming from an out of state FFL to Texas FFL.

Question
    Will local law enforcement in Texas assist in checking to see if a pistol is reported stolen? What is the procedure for those who have done it? Call or bring it in person to the PD/SO? Is there a national database for stolen pistols?
    Guns International

ii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Austin
    title surely you arent implying the ffl didnt refund your money??? (burned)

No refund. As it turns out his FFL license was already revoked before I notified the ATF in this case. I have provided the response letter from the ATF redacted to protect privacy. Long story short. I stored my firearms with a local PD for safekeeping for an extended period of time. The PD ran the serial numbers to insure they were not housing stolen property. As it truns out one of my firearrms was repoted stolen. When I rotated back to the World (USA) I was missing a firearm. To add insult to injury I was forward deployed overseas defending this guy’s freedom when all of this occurred. Some people do not deserve the freedom that others provide. Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

SAM_0984.jpg

The original owner who reported it stolen was able to recover his property. I now check every firearm I acquire with local police and run serial numbers to insure what I am buying is not stolen property.

Attachments

• SAM_0984.jpg
      SAM_0984.jpg
      47.4 KB · Views: 145
    Top Bottom