• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Austin
    What is your experience with Hank Felming and his turn around time on repair work, disassembly of firearms, and other gunsmith work you have had done?

I put a pistol in his shop just a little over a week ago for complete disassembly of an older .22 pistol and no call as of yet. I really would rather not bother the guy if he is busy with other jobs ahead of mine as he did say he would call me when it would be ready to be picked up; nevertheless it would be nice to know from others what your wait time was for your issue.

Not saying anything bad about the guy here just looking for some honest feedback from those who have used his services in the past and what your turn around time experience was so I know what to expect. Seems like a very nice guy when I first met him in person.

Thanks in advance for your replies and feedback!
    Military Camp

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo

I put a pistol in his shop just a little over a week ago for complete disassembly of an older .22 pistol and no call as of yet.

Did you just drop off a pistol for him to disassemble? That's it? I can't imagine that would take very long. Was there something wrong with the pistol that would make it require a gunsmith to disassemble?

As others have stated, Hank is busy for a good reason.

-Randy

ii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Austin
    Did you just drop off a pistol for him to disassemble? That's it? I can't imagine that would take very long. Was there something wrong with the pistol that would make it require a gunsmith to disassemble?

As others have stated, Hank is busy for a good reason.

-Randy
    I took the pistol (Beretta Jaguar .22LR) in for complete disassembly because its an older weapon (circa 1967) that is no longer in production and I do not have the right tools to get the small pins & springs out without risking damage to any of the small parts or receiver. It is being taken apart so I can send off the receiver frame to be anodized by victor at US Anodizing in Virginia.

I too think it’s unusual for a gunsmith to take this long for a disassembly job however next time I can bring it to someone else who may not be as busy with other work. I will just have to wait my turn in line this time as I do not make it a habit to go back on my word. To me all anyone has in this life is their word. The man said he would call me and I will wait for his call.

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I've never talked to him, but I would bet that he put your job in line behind all of the other work that was brought in before you came in. If that is the case, then you will just need to wait your turn behind the folks who have been waiting longer on their jobs.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    Makes sense on the disassembly.

Also, in case you didn't know, Hank is the APD armorer... so I would imagine he has some priority work he handles for them.

-Randy

ii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Austin
    Makes sense on the disassembly.

Also, in case you didn't know, Hank is the APD armorer... so I would imagine he has some priority work he handles for them.

-Randy

This explains the store hours he keeps. Open every other day.

I will report back when I get his call and its ready to be picked up.

Top Bottom