Venture Surplus ad

WTS - (2) Finnish Mosin Nagant Rifles (1) Remington Model 11 (std. A5) 12 ga HOUSTON

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Magnolia
    WTS - (1) Finnish Mosin Nagant Rifles (Houston)

SOLD: Remington Model 11 - 12 gauge - $250 F2F NW Houston

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTS 1942 Finnish Tikka Arsenal Mosin Nagant $200 F2F NW Houston

9qhix4.jpg

This is an original imperial russian hex receiver Mosin Nagant which was re-barreled at the Tikka Arsenal in Finland in 1942.

The Finns had to stop production on their M39 rifle in order to get additional, familiar service rifles into the hands of their troops during the continuation war with the USSR.

This rifle represents part of that group which was re-arsenaled and pressed into service to keep Finland from Soviet control.

u0u9i.jpg

When I bought this rifle, the wood stock was in need of attention, so I had a local artisan refinish the stock.
    25yyfed.jpg

The rifle is 95% complete - all metal trim pieces are present and come with the sale - the sling plates need to be fit to the stock - all correct sling hangers are also present - plus extra period correct screws for barrel band stops since replacement stock pins are unavailable and were used in the place of stock pins on some Finn M91 rifles.

At additional expense I sourced the items which were needed to complete this rifle.

Has original upper wood handguard refinished to match!

This rifle is functional and I have taken it to the range and fired non-corrosive ammo through it to make sure that everything works correctly.

Rifling is good!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SPF: 1941 Finnish Tikka Arsenal Mosin Nagant $200 F2F NW Houston

This is an imperial hex receiver Mosin Nagant which was re-barreled at the Tikka Arsenal in Finland in 1941.

The Finns had to stop production on their M39 rifle in order to get additional, familiar, service rifles into the hands of their troops during the continuation war with the USSR.
    This rifle represents part of that group which was re-arsenaled and pressed into service to keep Finland from Soviet control.
    When I bought this rifle, it was pulled out of a collection it had been a part of for nearly 25 years.
    The stock is unfinished and definitely has a battle field pickup look. I love this rifle and am loathed to sell it. On the bottom of the 2-piece finnish stock there looks to either be a 3 hash kill count or the beginning of the soldiers initials who carried this rifle in combat.
    There is a real sense of unaltered history when holding this piece. It even stills has the upper wood handguard!
    The rifle is 100% complete and functional - shot non corrosive rounds through this rifle with good results.
    Rifling is good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI ... I am NOT interested in shipping. F2F in NW Houston only - I do not currently have the time to drive anywhere outside of my area to meet.
    These are good prices on these rifles and the shotgun. Please do not low ball me as I am not interested in entertaining lower offers.
    If you know what these are, then you know that these prices are cheaper than gunbroker or any other equivalent site. No tax, no shipping charges, just legal face to face Texas gun sales.
    I am accepting payment in the form of Cash or USPS money order only.
    This has been cross-posted to multiple forums.
    If you have any questions please do not hesistate to contact me! Thanks for looking!
    -Dave
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I like the rifles but need further information. Neither rifle have the normal Finnish front sights and I don't see the usual finger jointed two piece stocks. Could you explain, please?

Flash

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Do you have the matching serialized bayonets for the Mosins? I didn't see them mentioned in your post.

Are all other serialized components matching?

TXDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Magnolia
    The 1941 Finn has sold.

The refinished 1942 Finn (I should clarify my original post - all metal trim pieces are present for the 1942 Finn - but I have not gotten around to fitting the sling plates to this particular stock - a little work with a dremel/grinder should do the trick - this does not effect the function of the rifle and it could be taken to the range and fired this afternoon if I desired!) has the CORRECT finn sight for a continuation war Tikka barreled m91 rifle. The finn's used a blade sight on the M91 variant which is identical to the M91 russian. The M39 and M21 finn rifles had a protected blade sight configuration and this might be what you are used to seeing.

Both of the Finn Rifles I listed have the 2-piece finger joint stocks. It may be hard to see in the picture but they are the period correct stocks for a re-barreled Finn m91 with the sling swing attachments.

As for matching numbers - The 1942 Finn has a matching Bolt Body - it was probably scrubbed and renumbered at the Tikka factory. There is no number on the bottom of the magazine floor plate and the rest of the parts were hand fitted at the factory from the spare parts on hand which is typical with Finn re-arsenaled M91 rifles.

It is a beautiful rifle and I originally paid $200 - the refinished stock and missing parts I acquired put me about $100 in the hole on this rifle so its a great buy.

If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask! Thanks!

-Dave

hoang5659

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Houston
    Remington Model 11 (std. A5) 12 ga
    still available? i am looking for a shot gun for home defense but my brother in-law keeps telling me to get one that i can take to the range and shoot skeet or something. i am new to shot guns and dont know much about them. however, i am intrigued by this gun. i like antique looking guns. if its still available, when can i come and see it? i am local so i can come anytime. let me know...

TXDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Magnolia
    cant pm you for some reason .... call or text me @ 832.689.8829 ... I am available until 12:30pm today and all day Sunday.

-Dave

hoang5659

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Houston
    it will have to be sunday. i am at work today... i already missed that window being that responding just now. haha

i'll try to give you a ring on sunday. how early do you wake up? i am normally up pretty early.

TXDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Magnolia
    Sunday is good for me guys .... I am up around 9am .... the house is off of eldridge and spring cypress .. just text me sunday morning and we can meet up - thanks.

-dave

TXDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Magnolia
    Remington Model 11 Shotgun is sold.

1941 Mosin Nagant is sold pending funds.

1942 has generated interest, but it is STILL FOR SALE! I will update the thread appropriately.

-Dave

Last edited:
    Top Bottom