• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    OK so this is a public forum.. You really going to ask me to MAN UP when you were not there?

I specifically told the potential buyer BEFORE she made the trip that I would require a CHL. Oh she flashed one but she wouldn't let me make a copy, take down the # nor would she complete a bill of sale! This is for my protection. I'm not selling a Schwinn. I refuse to sell a lethal weapon with a serial number tied to me and no record of where or to whom it went. Not in today's world! This attempted transaction went down at the Frisco Texas Police Department and the officer totally agreed with me. His words "totally absurd". So don't ask me to MAN UP. I didn't choose to make any reference or "air" an attempted transaction that happened between myself and another party. It's none of your business. But I guess you needed to make it your business. Now go find something else to do.
    That is one of the scummiest things I have read on here in a while. And we had a regular poster that bragged about voting twice for Obama and bragged about voting for HRC. Congratulations. I hope @Shorts leaves you the feedback you deserve for that bait and switch.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    First, shame on all of you who found out what happened. Every one of you should have hit the "Report" button on this bait-and-switch of terms. The staff needs to know about this stuff sooner rather than later.

Second, the OP needs to understand that I can see the ways and times he has edited his original ad. Shorts completely complied with the terms of the original ad. He changed those terms in the ad after they met and, if his additional post is to be believed, he made more changes on the fly, as they were meeting. He condemns himself with his own words in post #53.

Third, I'm trying to figure out what to do. The seller is clearly very ignorant of his practical needs and legal responsibilities. He's also incompetent at even basic protocols for doing business over the 'net. You simply don't make someone take a long drive then change the deal. What I'm trying to figure out is whether he's just ignorant, just incompetent, or ignorant and incompetent AND stupid.

But I really don't care, I guess. He's not the sort of person who should be selling guns on Texas Gun Talk. And since he seems to use the forum solely for selling, there's no need for him to remain.

Spending $10 to become a forum supporter does not make an account immune from being banned. He's long since made enough profit on his sales to compensate him for that expenditure.

Goodbye, adsalmon, and do not attempt to sign up to this forum again under another name. Your particular flavor of sleaziness is not welcome here.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Wow.
    e966a7da1dae221568caf3051ffba9f7.jpg

Hzeng

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Good riddance, next thing we’ll be wanting is notarized copies of passport and SSN. I get the whole “I don’t want X weapon to show up in a crime” but that’s what post count and genuine conversations are for right?

I’ve gotten more from private sales with less documentation and it works fine, I’ve never seen an ADA’s chase that dead end since they’re too busy keeping the lights on and working on real cases.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    BTW - Kudos to TexasRedneck for being the first to reach out to me on this problem.

ETA - I was writing the sentence above when you posted. Ya ninja'd me. Once again, you're on top of things and I thank you for that.

You can't be everywhere at once. Shit like this has a habit of sneaking up on ya. Besides - I had inside info on the deal going south....I KNEW you'd want to know about it.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    OK so this is a public forum.. You really going to ask me to MAN UP when you were not there?

I specifically told the potential buyer BEFORE she made the trip that I would require a CHL. Oh she flashed one but she wouldn't let me make a copy, take down the # nor would she complete a bill of sale! This is for my protection. I'm not selling a Schwinn. I refuse to sell a lethal weapon with a serial number tied to me and no record of where or to whom it went. Not in today's world! This attempted transaction went down at the Frisco Texas Police Department and the officer totally agreed with me. His words "totally absurd". So don't ask me to MAN UP. I didn't choose to make any reference or "air" an attempted transaction that happened between myself and another party. It's none of your business. But I guess you needed to make it your business. Now go find something else to do.
    Yep sounds like a frisco california transplant to me

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Does a 1991 not count as a 1911? Serious question. I always saw them as the start of colt blindly phucking up their product line instead if just making what people want.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Don't mind me, just enjoying this:

View attachment 297028

If it were up to me (good thing it isn't), I'd make this person issue a public apology to Shorts and pay her gas money , as well as public castration to ensure that the line of fuckery ends with him,as condition of readmittance to the forum.
    FIFY

Last edited:
    Top Bottom