• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I'll take it for $750 cash. And I'll drive up from San Antonio. PM me with when you're free to meet, we shall coordinate.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    So - are you going to man up an tell folks ALL of the other little requirements you have to sell, or are going to waste their time, as well???
    There was an additional LTC ask- I get that. The OP is a new guy- seems like he was just giving the potential buyer a heads-up before he got on the road. Is there more to the story?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I was getting tempted by this. Please expand on additional requirements. PM is ok but I suggest public.

adsalmon

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2021
    Frisco
    So - are you going to man up an tell folks ALL of the other little requirements you have to sell, or are going to waste their time, as well???
    OK so this is a public forum.. You really going to ask me to MAN UP when you were not there?

I specifically told the potential buyer BEFORE she made the trip that I would require a CHL. Oh she flashed one but she wouldn't let me make a copy, take down the # nor would she complete a bill of sale! This is for my protection. I'm not selling a Schwinn. I refuse to sell a lethal weapon with a serial number tied to me and no record of where or to whom it went. Not in today's world! This attempted transaction went down at the Frisco Texas Police Department and the officer totally agreed with me. His words "totally absurd". So don't ask me to MAN UP. I didn't choose to make any reference or "air" an attempted transaction that happened between myself and another party. It's none of your business. But I guess you needed to make it your business. Now go find something else to do.

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    OK so this is a public forum.. You really going to ask me to MAN UP when you were not there?

I specifically told the potential buyer BEFORE she made the trip that I would require a CHL. Oh she flashed one but she wouldn't let me make a copy, take down the # nor would she complete a bill of sale! This is for my protection. I'm not selling a Schwinn. I refuse to sell a lethal weapon with a serial number tied to me and no record of where or to whom it went. Not in today's world! This attempted transaction went down at the Frisco Texas Police Department and the officer totally agreed with me. His words "totally absurd". So don't ask me to MAN UP. I didn't choose to make any reference or "air" an attempted transaction that happened between myself and another party. It's none of your business. But I guess you needed to make it your business. Now go find something else to do.
    Well that right there is the issue he was talking about. For starters, no where in your ad did you mention making a copy of the CHL or a bill of so sale. You only said they had to have a CHL. Secondly, if you asked me to make a copy of my CHL, I would kindly tell you to kick rocks. And a bill of sale is completely unnecessary. You did not mention any of this in the ad and then required it after the person was already there to meet you.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

Good to know your specific special requirements. I will pass. The rest of my comments will be in a pm.

ETA I suggest you read it all the way thru and take the info as intended.

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

You remember me telling you I'd personally vouch for Shorts? Well, there's a good reason - because what you state is what she told me - except for the comments YOU attribute to the Frisco cop...who has NO attributable knowledge of firearms sales requirements. I made the comment I did specifically because you amended the terms of your sale after she drove HOURS to get there. Bear in mind - you didn't object to me speaking to her character when you were trying to sell the gun to her.....

For the record - a BOS is inadmissible in a court of law as a legal document, and as such offers little "protection" - other than to show your general lack of knowledge.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom