• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    WTS: milt sparks summer special II 1911 IWB holster for a officer size 1911.
    $90 shipped or $85 FTF

14xzdsi.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Just a thought, Brownells sells them for that new, and usually has them in stock. Could be why no takers yet.

It's an awesome holster though. And to save the hassle of ordering, it's not a bad deal for someone local.

JDKRIEK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    This is the Officers ACP (3-1/2") correct? Just not crazy about a 3" in a 3-1/2" holster. I have an 3-1/2" S/S style holster currently and it tends to collaspe on the end. It's not fesiable to trim the excess material off as it would cut across the stiching.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    my EMP was 3inch and there was no collasping at the end. the material is pretty hard and sturdy, and i ahve a big ass and sit all day. it really holds up and milt sparks is known for their quality.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    You might want to clarify what size this is. I thought it was for a 4.25" Commander length. That's what I thought I saw in the picture.

Usually officers refers to the frame size which doesn't make a difference in a holster, just the barrel length: 3", 4" (Kimber), 4.25" or 5".

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    generally from what i understand, bbl length is described through 3 names, officer, commander, govt.

officer being 3-3.25", commander being 4-4.25", and govt being 5". I apologize for the confusion, i assumed most would see "officer" and see my EMP and know it would fit colt defenders, kimber ultra carrys, and the likes. i didnt understand how "officer" would refer to frame size, where commander and govt frames are the same size, just the bbl/slide length differs....

my apologies for the confusion, the holster is SPF btw.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I'm not familiar with WMP's and it looked like a full sized frame so that got me.

It's not as simple as frame or barrel only. For example, the officers frame but 4" barrel guns like Kimbers' "Compact". So it'll fit a commander (off by 1/4").

It may also be me skewed by Kimber since it gets more complicated with their 4 different sizes mixing officers and commanders etc. :D

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i've always referred to 1911s by bbl length while talkin to other 1911 people, so i always assumed officer/commander/govt referred to bbl length not frame size. but thanks for the clarification.

JDKRIEK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    The standard established by Colt is 5.03 in (127 mm), Government model; 4.25 in (108 mm), Commander model; 3.5 in (89 mm), Officer's ACP model. Some modern guns have significantly shorter barrels and frames, while others use standard frames and extended slides with 6 in (152 mm) barrels.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    You might want to clarify what size this is. I thought it was for a 4.25" Commander length. That's what I thought I saw in the picture.

Usually officers refers to the frame size which doesn't make a difference in a holster, just the barrel length: 3", 4" (Kimber), 4.25" or 5".

An Officer's size (Oacp) refers to a 3.5" from Colt. It was succeed by the Defender (3"), and now the New Agent (3").

i've always referred to 1911s by bbl length while talkin to other 1911 people, so i always assumed officer/commander/govt referred to bbl length not frame size. but thanks for the clarification.

+1

And "Officers" is a Colt. Everything else has to go by model names..oe, Kimbers, Para, Springfields, Wilson, etc etc. There's too many variations now. But

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom