Please reply by conversation.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD 20" .308 FTF in Austin

SOLD Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD 20" .308 FTF in Austin - photos added in post #20

I sold another rifle and took this new-in-box, never fired, R700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD 20" .308 in partial trade so I am offering it for sale. It is time to move this puppy. I'll try to put a photo up if I can figure how to do it.

This is Remington's model 85542, which is not on their web site. Only the "regular" AAC-SD model 84203 is on their web site: Centerfire Rifle - Model 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD - Remington Centerfire Rifles

This special model, the 85542, is the same as the regular AAC-SD, but with a black Hogue stock instead of the Ghille green one the regular model comes with. And just like the regular AAC-SD, it is a 20" .308 with a 1:10 twist.

But the real prize with the 85542 is that it includes a Remington factory-installed AAC 51T Blackout flash hider to the already threaded barrel, making it suppressor ready: BLACKOUT® 51T Flash Hider

I will sell the rifle with or without the 51T Blackout. I'll take $675 FTF in the Austin area for the rifle and 51T, which is the way it came from the Remington factory.

I would prefer to sell them together, but separately, I will sell the:

--Rifle with thread protector but without the 51T for $600 FTF in Austin area, and

--AAC 51T Blackout flash hider for $90 shipped or $80 FTF in the Austin area.

The only trade deals I will consider are a Ruger M77-GS Gunsite Scout or a Springfield Armory M1A SOCOM 16. No other trades considered so please don't ask. I welcome your PM's, but if you see it listed it is for still for sale so you don't need to send PM's asking only if it is still for sale.

I am not interested in shipping the rifle. If it doesn't sell within my timeframe I will have it cut down to 16.5" and build it the way I want it.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Think yer gonna need some pics
    As I said in my original post, "I'll try to put a photo up if I can figure how to do it." But I am curious as to why you think so?

It is a bone stock R700 AAC-SD the specs of which are on Remington's web site along with a photo at the link I provided. The only differences from the one on the web site are described in detail with links to photos of the parts involved. It is new. It has never been fired. What would my photo add?

Here is a link to a photo of one that sold on Guns America: http://www.gunsamerica.com/UserImages/5511/919288051/wm_2401017.jpg
    The only difference between it and mine is that mine has a $116 Nightforce scope rail added to it and I am asking less than what this one sold for without the scope rail.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    AustinN4;844105--As I said in my original post, "I'll try to put a photo up if I can figure how to do it." But I am curious as to why you think so?

Being that you have 27 posts and are a new member, it may help in instilling a bit more confidence for a potential buyer.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Being that you have 27 posts and are a new member, it may help in instilling a bit more confidence for a potential buyer.
    How so? It is listed as a FTF deal in Austin and that I won't ship it. So a photo of a new never fired gun is better that seeing it in person? If you see it and it isn't what I said it was then don't buy it. I really don't get where you guys are coming from.

If it is positive feedback you want, I have plenty, just not here. This isn't a discussion thread, it is a classified listing. If you are a serious buyer then by all means please send a PM to me and we will discuss it.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    How so? It is listed as a FTF deal in Austin and that I won't ship it. So a photo of a new never fired gun is better that seeing it in person? If you see it and it isn't what I said it was then don't buy it. I really don't get where you guys are coming from.

If it is positive feedback you want, I have plenty, just not here. This isn't a discussion thread, it is a classified listing. If you are a serious buyer then by all means please send a PM to me and we will discuss it.
    Austin is an hour's drive for me. I'm not driving an hour there and back to look at something I'm potentially interested in. I'm also not driving an hour to get stabbed in an IHOP parking lot by the next "Craigslist Killer". I'm not driving an hour to get held up by some booger-eating hillbilly and his brother/uncle because he knows I have cash and has promised me something he doesn't even own.

A simple picture with embedded metadata to show that a picture was actually taken recently would go one small step in verifying you actually have what I want. :D

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Austin is an hour's drive for me. I'm not driving an hour there and back to look at something I'm potentially interested in. I'm also not driving an hour to get stabbed in an IHOP parking lot by the next "Craigslist Killer". I'm not driving an hour to get held up by some booger-eating hillbilly and his brother/uncle because he knows I have cash and has promised me something he doesn't even own.

A simple picture with embedded metadata to show that a picture was actually taken recently would go one small step in verifying you actually have what I want. :D
    And a simple PM with your request for pic and charactor would go a lot father then your hissy fit in a public forum.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I find it amusing that in my OP I said I would post pics if I can figure out how, and not one of you complainers has bothered to offer constructive advice in that regard.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    I find it amusing that in my OP I said I would post pics if I can figure out how, and not one of you complainers has bothered to offer constructive advice in that regard.

99% sure it's the same as all the other forums - click the "attach picture" button and use a url or browse your computer to find it.

And as childish as my post was, I wouldn't call it a hissy fit, we were all thinking it.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    99% sure it's the same as all the other forums - click the "attach picture" button and use a url or browse your computer to find it.
    To the best of my knowledge, I don't think I have ever posted a photo in a forum so I lack your experience. And thank you for telling me how to do it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    To the best of my knowledge, I don't think I have ever posted a photo in a forum so I lack your experience. And thank you for telling me how to do it.

The easiest way to post pictures is from a phone using tapatalk.

For a regular computer download them to a site like photobucket.com and then post the image code here and they will show up.

We like to see the stuff people sell.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    The easiest way to post pictures is from a phone using tapatalk. For a regular computer download them to a site like photobucket.com and then post the image code here and they will show up. We like to see the stuff people sell.
    LOL, I don't have a cell phone. Some of us old guys, not many I admit, are not as tech savy as the younger crowd. I can easily send a photo from my computed via email - that I know how to do. I just thought it odd that I said in my first post I didn't know how to post it here and nobody offered advice until you and hellishhorse did. And I thank you both for doing so.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD 20" .308 photos

Thanks again to Dawico and hellishhorses for instructing me on how to do it.
    Tripod in not included and is not for sale.

Attachments

• P1030013.jpg
      P1030013.jpg
      33.1 KB · Views: 233
    • P1030014.jpg
      P1030014.jpg
      37.6 KB · Views: 200
    Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant