• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I can trade for minimags, stingers, CCI Blaer40gr, vipers, yellow jackets. So a 100 of yours for 175 of mine.

I have all kinds of ammo for the range but I found out that I need Remington Vipers or CCI Stingers/minimags for good cycling with my P22Q....at least until it's well broken in. I can trade many different kinds of 22lr for those that I need. I have many other calibers to if that will make it happen.

I took my son out for the first time today and we burned through all the Vipers I had. He loved every minute of it so I plan to get back to Lonestar again next week. If you would rather sell out right, that's fine, just let me know how much. If you've seen any of this stuff locally, please let me know where.. I can't find it anywhere right now.
    Here's a picture of the 22lr I have.
    46hf.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

hoothrewpoo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Dripping Springs
    I have 3,000 rounds of Winchester M-22 (40gr, 1255fps), 1,000 rounds of Federal (40gr 1240fps), and 600 rounds of Winchester Super X (40gr, 1435fps). Any of them should cycle as well as Mini Mags do. The Super X is just a bit stiffer than the Mini Mag round, and a little less potent than the Stinger round.

I'd be happy to swap with you so you can shoot with your son. I'm in DS as well.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I have 3,000 rounds of Winchester M-22 (40gr, 1255fps), 1,000 rounds of Federal (40gr 1240fps), and 600 rounds of Winchester Super X (40gr, 1435fps). Any of them should cycle as well as Mini Mags do. The Super X is just a bit stiffer than the Mini Mag round, and a little less potent than the Stinger round.

I'd be happy to swap with you so you can shoot with your son. I'm in DS as well.

The Winchester X may work, because the Viper I was shooting is 1,440 and cycled well. Send me a PM and we can work out a trade.
    Thanks, Chris

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    What's the difference between P22Q & regular P22?
    My P22 has cycled everything right out of the box, with Sparrow attached.

hoothrewpoo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Dripping Springs
    Borrowed from walther forum:

Welcome Alan, Sounds like you have the original style P22. The Q version is the latest and came out in '11 sometime if I remember correctly. Internally all P22's are the same. Same grip material, same slide material, same frame....etc. What they changed with the Q model was the pattern on the grip, slide serrations and a little pattern detail on the nose of the extended mag so that it matches the grip. The laser model comes with a compact built in laser. In my opinion the only improvement that was really made was more slots on the rail. If you want to attach lights, lasers, etc. that is an improvement. Otherwise, same pistol and I'm not sure the new model looks any better. The internal lock was also dropped but that was dropped in late versions of the original P22 as well. That part also never bothered me.

Before 2009 you got two mags with the pistol. Beginning in '09 you got one mag and a price increase. Other than the additional slots in the rail....the Q is a P22 just like the older version. Resale wise....the newer model will be higher. Join in the fun here. M1911

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I have 2K rounds of CCI Blazer but shipping each way will be a bit pricey and I don't really need other ammo. Feel free to PM with an offer though. I also have about 4-6K rounds of CCI Quik-Shok (what's now called Segmented HP) but don't really want to part with those either... not at today's demand. I also have about 4-6K rounds of Remington Game Loads pre-fragmented rounds.

Last edited:

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I have 2K rounds of CCI Blazer but shipping each way will be a bit pricey and I don't really need other ammo. Feel free to PM with an offer though. I also have about 4-6K rounds of CCI Quik-Shok (what's now called Segmented HP) but don't really want to part with those either... not at today's demand. I also have about 4-6K rounds of Remington Game Loads pre-fragmented rounds.

I'd really like to stay with a trade because of the crazy prices people are wanting. I was able to order 500 blazer for 25.00 from Cabelas, and it just came in today.

My son and I just burn through a lot now that my backyard range is finished.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom