• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I bought this a while ago, its in fair shape.. for sure its not a safe queen but it always shot very very well. I'll take pics tonight when i get home from work going over the rifle but in truth, im a handgun guy.

I don't have a set $$$ ammount, I don't really want to sell it... I just want to trade for something different to mix it up.

I would love to get a Revolver something .357 and bigger but im always open for pistols.

as for brand, i want to say its a "Universal" or something like that. I'll get more details when i get home... it will include 1 30rd mag and a 10rd mag (i think 10 rd, never used it).

Thanks for looking
    Texas SOT

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I'm interested in a number if/when you consider an outright sell. I don't have any guns for trade though. A good shooter M1 Carbine has always been on my list.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    A "Universal Carbine" isn't USGI. While some are good, a lot of them aren't. They don't have much collector value, and with the CMP selling GI carbines starting at $419, the Universals don't bring much on the market.

Eli

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    A "Universal Carbine" isn't USGI. While some are good, a lot of them aren't. They don't have much collector value, and with the CMP selling GI carbines starting at $419, the Universals don't bring much on the market.

Eli
    Um... OK

Obviously your not interested, and I never said they were collector guns and somehow without seeing it, holding it or shooting it... you say my m1 is no good.... whats your point?

redfred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    La Porte
    Would you be interested intrading for my Enfield .303 British rifle? I can add some cash.It's been sporterized and has a scope. I used to have an M1 carbine, and I've always regretted selling it.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    To better describe the M1. the wood has some dings in it... nothing big or fractures or anything like that. Some marks of white paint ( i think from when it was in my closet), the 30rd mag is ugly... bought it at a gun show a long time ago and its worked well but its ugly.

the gun is in average condition. But it does shoot very well and dependable. Just want to describe it as best as possible to avoid any mixed feelings if a trade is considered.

Thanks for looking.

206fvr5.jpg

2e4ewk0.jpg

5ueixh.jpg

2n06fzp.jpg

nx86qr.jpg

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    Looks good to me wish I needed one.

Eli, really? He wasn't insinuating it was a collector's piece. Take a deep breath man, it'll be ok. We're all good here.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Try this site Riverbank Armory the history of the M1 carbine.
    Universal sporting Goods made copies of the m1 carbines that
    were different to the point that some GI parts are are not interchangeable.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Universal Firearms manufactured M1 Clones from 1958-1987, when it was shut down by Iver Johnson (who bought them in 1983). It was never a "GI" (government-contracted) firearm manufacturer. Depending on condition, average book value is $200-$265 (90-98% condition). Nothing I find indicates that it was a sub-par weapon, it just never really developed a following. Nice thing about it is that it could make a fun plinker w/o having to worry about damaging a historic piece.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I have a safe queen M1 Carbine now it would be nice to have a straight up shooter. My Safe queen in a winchester s/n 100***

Ding ding ding!

No one said anything about a collector's piece. The seller just came on and said he was looking to trade an M1 Carbine. I am annoyed by how this thread developed and I would like to apologize to Texas Bulldog that his thread got pooped on.

From the pics, looks like a real nice rifle. I'd shoot it.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Ding ding ding!

No one said anything about a collector's piece. The seller just came on and said he was looking to trade an M1 Carbine. I am annoyed by how this thread developed and I would like to apologize to Texas Bulldog that his thread got pooped on.

From the pics, looks like a real nice rifle. I'd shoot it.

Thank you.

I had no idea it was going to be such a problem. Its a good shooting gun, I just felt like mixing up the collection. Getting bashed for reason unknown was a shock to me

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom