• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

WestTexasshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    Sweetwater, TX
    Norinco SKS for sale or trade! PM any offers.

Asking $325 obo...If you need better pics I can email them. All matching serials, Chinese, with triangle w/26 in it.

2011-07-21_10-53-28_401.jpg 2011-07-21_10-53-37_714.jpg 2011-07-21_10-53-45_179.jpg
    Target Sports

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Yeah. I am in the market for an SKS but unsure about anyone without a price in mind up front.

Pain is inevitable - Suffering is optional

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    OK. I deleted 20+ posts of you guys pissing on his post because he didn't have pics or a selling price. He fixed. It's up. Not sure why you guys are so into goats and hip boots, but that is for another thread.

Westtexasshooter, good luck with the sale.

mkburden

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    HUNT COUNTY TEXAS
    OK. I deleted 20+ posts of you guys pissing on his post because he didn't have pics or a selling price. He fixed. It's up. Not sure why you guys are so into goats and hip boots, but that is for another thread.

Westtexasshooter, good luck with the sale.
    lmao, a thread I'll steer clear of! Good luck with the sale, everyone needs a few sks's.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Does it come with the bayonet? If not, is there any reason one can't be installed? Any chance you would be within 50 miles of Austin any time soon?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I thought of they came without, the lug was removed.

Nope, some had it simply removed. Been a point of contention on the SKS boards for quite some time...

Basically, [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, ms sans serif]thanks to a long series of Federal laws and bureaucratic interpretations, it is illegal to install a bayonet on a Chinese SKS imported after 1990, but equally illegal to remove one from a similar rifle made in Yugoslavia!

That's our gun laws in action!
    [/FONT]

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That's true about the 922r compliance on these rifles or NOT being subject to 922r compliance. The act of putting a bayonet on a Chinese SKS is illegal and the Chinese rifles were never Curio and Relic eligible. It's a case of the newly made Chinese rifles not eligible for importation with a bayonet.....unless you can prove the rifle was imported prior to the date of regulation.

Removing a bayonet from a Yugo or other older (50 years old +, I believe) rifle takes it from the C&R category and makes it then fall under the 922r provisions. Doing that bayonet removal requires that a bunch of other "compliant" parts be added to the rifle. Search the 922r regs. It will give you a headache.

I had a Yugo without the original grenade launcher & bayonet and had to buy almost $110 worth of 922R parts to bring it into compliance. .........Sigh. I follow the law but that was a bite in the butt.

If you ever want to see a screwed up mess of a rifle regulation, check out those 922r provisions. This is my interpretation of the regs. Others will disagree. That's the nature of the problem. No one really knows what is correct and the truth may change tomorrow.

Flash

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom