• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    I currently have two Ruger .44 Magnum revolvers. One is a 5 1/2" stainless Super Blackhawk. The other is a Ruger Vaquero 5 1/2" stainless. As it has turned out, I like the SBH the best, so the Vaquero doesn't get much action. So, I thought I'd toss out a feeler to see if I could find a trade for something that I'd get more use out of.

This is the original Vaquero (the serial # has a two-digit prefix) and as far as I know I am the second owner. I do not know the round count before I got it, though I have fired 145 rounds through it with zero issues. This gun is in great shape. (Send me a PM if interested and I'll email some photos.) If I had just one gun in mind that I'd like to trade for, it would be a Rossi 720 (3" .44 Special) revolver. But beyond that, there are other guns I'd consider, provided that the caliber starts with 4. Semiautos are welcome, too.

To start this off, I'd like to keep it local. So I'm limiting this to the greater San Antonio area.

Thanks for reading! Clear sights and straight shootin' to ya!

Amistad
    Texas SOT

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    That's a solid gun, too bad they don't make them any more. I have one 4 5/8" blued with black/grey laminated grips. It's quite a looker, but I would prefer the black hawk sights. Still nothing like if you want a real strong SAA type gun.

Have you considered the Taurus .44 tracker? I pack one of these occasionally, very comfortable, if a bit heavy. (compared to sub compact polymer 9mm)

Taurus-44-Tracker-blue.jpg

400px-TaurusTracker44.jpg

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Well I like mine well enough I'm gonna keep it. But I thought it matched the description for what you are looking for. It actually has a 3" barrel, the last inch is just for the comp. Even starter loads (what I use) are better than 44 special.

On the other hand, you can really shoot some hot stuff out of that ruger. I cooked up a batch one time that made the primers so flat they filled in whole primer pockets, (and loosed them up too I might add.) Time to back it off a grain... The gun laughed at it though.

Top Bottom