• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Will another all out world war involving most of the major countries happen or is the future of war "proxy" and "anti-terror" smaller scale wars?

Speculate.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I think most of the world learned their lesson after the first two. I think it will be more small scale wars like it is now. Localized stuff, started by some mad-man. Any future world war would be end of days stuff IMO.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think most of the world learned their lesson after the first two. I think it will be more small scale wars like it is now. Localized stuff, started by some mad-man. Any future world war would be end of days stuff IMO.

I was just reading about how we are shifting our Navy more to the Pacific. We are drilling more with the Japanese and the Chinese now have an aircraft carrier.

Of course i am discussing this from a US perspective. I know a lot of the world is currently at war or ruled by dicators or oppressive governments.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Rogue nations are more of a threat because they're more likely to actually use nuclear weapons. However, I think the risk of another world war is slim, but not totally out of the picture. Like the saying goes, "I don't know how WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones." That right there is why the US and the Soviet Union never went "hot" ... MAD ... Mutually Assured Destruction. In other words, you bomb us, and we're going to make sure that there is nothing left of you, and vice versa.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I suppose i take nuclear weapons off the table of major nations. Not discounting that a small nation may use one or a few.

I believe China would actually invade N Korea if tf N Korea got froggy but China vs India? Russia moves to retake its USSR states? Unified Black Africa vs Muslim Africa? Pakistan vs all comers? Iran strikes Israel then? Unified Islamic sect against the other? These could all have the makings of a world war if they trigger alliances or present opportunities for expansion.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    It's funny, there's always talks about N.Korea, China, Russia, Iran, etc. But no one talks about India and Pakistan, and like you said they both are armed and apparently quite annoyed with each other. Does seem like bad news bears if one of them decides to strike. Hope their launch codes are a bit more difficult to enter than 00000000 :)

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    I guess that i am more worried about some terrorist getting ahold of nuclear weapons. They are just crazy enough to use them.I don't see a country using one that could fall back on them. just my opinion

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Rogue nations are more of a threat because they're more likely to actually use nuclear weapons. However, I think the risk of another world war is slim, but not totally out of the picture. Like the saying goes, "I don't know how WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones." That right there is why the US and the Soviet Union never went "hot" ... MAD ... Mutually Assured Destruction. In other words, you bomb us, and we're going to make sure that there is nothing left of you, and vice versa.

Detente....it worked.against the Soviet Union... its a different world now..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    From a "known world" stand point there have always been "world wars" the world has just been getting larger and larger since we spread out. Another world war is inevitable. Sadly, like all world wars prior, it will be even more devastating.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

Top Bottom