• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redfred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    La Porte
    It's a real shame that a really interesting and historical firearm that has sat in a closet for years and never hurt anyone is considered an illegal weapon and makes the owner a criminal for simply owning it. I think I remember something I read in school about the Second Amendment to the Constitution that gave us the right to keep and bear arms? Was I asleep when it got rescinded?
    OK, before anyone jumps up to try to "educate" me, don't worry - I'm very familiar with the loss of our rights - what I really fear is the rights we stand to lose in the next few years. I'm thinking about making several of those PVC storage tubes to fit my guns and digging a few holes in the back yard too. But hey, with my bad luck, before I have a chance to bury them, I would probably accidently drop them out of the boat, too. :)
    Capitol Armory ad

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    what happens in texas stays in texas as long as you dont tell everybody about it, buy an m1 lower trigger groop and charging handle, then take the other parts fishing, unless it was previously registered or used in a crime there is no record of what it is. m2 or m1 .

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    There is a procedure for surrendering unregistered NFA items to museums without going to jail, happens all the time when widows find MP-40's and stuff after a husband dies. I know the local museum (Nimitz here in FBG) has gotten a few that way, even one MP-44.

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    I'd keep it and wouldn't tell a soul. Sending it to a museum?? Really?? I couldn't think of a better way to brown nose the government! I wonder if this is still Texas...

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County

+

DSC_03132.jpg

+

shh-whisper-quiet-with-shadow-from-sxc.jpg

Sir that is a thing of beauty!

If I were to theoretically have this particular "item" I would wipe my prints off of it and follow the above instructions.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    US Carbine, 30 Caliber, M-1 & M-2....Have seen and fired both, legally, of course.
    Even let a genuine Winchester Made M-1 get away in a trade in long ago, a like new cream puff...Yes, tail kicking is in order...Shot a doe three times, hits all, she ran off to either die or get well...Not a hunting firearm, fun for plinking, thats all...

Now, the once a machinegun always a machinegun...Take the selector bar and disconnector off, throw them away, order an M-1 stock, quit blabbing and enjoy the legal plinker !!!

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Taking off the MG parts and replacing the stock will not change the fact it is a machine gun. IF said gun is an M-2 and it is still ANYWHERE LE might find it, you should turn it in to your local PD. Unfortunately for you, That boat ride to the PD can be a bit choppy. Stuff happens

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    I'm told some people modified the M1s to fire fully auto by filing the sear or something like that. It may just need a part replaced to "repair" the fault.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Well there will be no choppy boat rides for me, I do not have the rifle, the guy was going to bring it for me to look at but was super paranoid about even doing that. I have no clue if he even still has it.

Top Bottom