XD 45 service or a .40

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Big country, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I know I've asked on a different thread but I want to ask a wider audiance. Wich would make a better duty cary gun. I have alredy decided and even got advice from some about the XD but .40 or .45(acp). That is the question.

2. PopsXD9sc

PopsXD9sc Active Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Can't address the duty carry issue; but, since the ammo for both is high I would vote for the .45-more horsepower. XD's are awesome and had a 4" 40 a while back. Wish I still did.

3. tju1973

tju1973 Member

Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    I vote for the XD45Service only because it is what I have. That, and I have never warmed to the .40SW--

But know either way, you will have a great pistol..

Good luck!

4. deadeye1964

deadeye1964 New Member

Mar 14, 2009
    GRAPEVINE
    I have the .45 and it is fantastic,low recoil and easy carry, I use for my CHL carry weapon.

5. TXCrossfire

TXCrossfire New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Frisco, TX
    No expert on duty carry here either but I several different barrel lengths of the .45XD

I prefer the knockdown power of .45 but then again I don’t have to worry about departmental approval, protection, etc

:gotme:

6. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'm NOT A LEO I had to say that for legal reasons you know, cyoa. I do private security and we get our commission license threw the same office at DPS that the CHL's do but ours also has to go threw the Texas private security bureau. Now that I cleared that up I also found a brand new xd45 service w/out night sights, w/3-13rd mags for $557 plus tax at GT's (a shop in Austin for police, fire/ems ,security& military etc...) the only problem is my commission license is still not hear and you have to prove your status in order to buy fire arms, ammo and I think anything from GT's. (I could be wrong) $430 for the xd 40. I could also get a glock 45 for around $430 I think, but I'm not sure I don't like glocks so I don't pay um much attn. any way I think I,m going to get that xd45 when my license gets in but I'd still like to hear every one's thoughts on the topic. 40 followers, still time to plead your case.

7. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Too bad the Texas Private Security Bureau doesn't also screen for grammar, spelling and punctuation. :rofl:

Just messing with you, but I did have to read more than once to figure out where thoughts ended and started and translate the misspelled and misused words to figure it out. :1zhelp: ;)

8. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Sorry bout that, I was in a hurry and not paying attn. :rolleyes: I down loaded the spell check on my work computer just for you and High cap 1911.

9. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Hey, JKTex .40 or .45?

10. stumpjumper_steve

stumpjumper_steve New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Mesquite
    I just picked up my newest edition to my collection, a PX4 Storm in the .45 variety and she shoots like dream.