• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhenriksen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    P.S. As i'm still pretty new to guns and shooting, if I start to sound like one of those know it alls who knows nothing, feel free to let me know. I'm always open to learning and I realize for the most part how little I know. Constructive criticism can be a great tool.

Wow! I opened this thread because of the XD topic, but had to just congratulate you on your sig line. I love it!
    Hurley's Gold

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Heres my carry choice:

XD45 Service with TRU-GLO Tritium Fiber Optic sights carried IWB in a Brommeland Max Con V leather holster with twin spare mag holster.

MAXCONV.jpg

MAGHOLDER.jpg

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    It is with a heavy heart that I announce that my planed XD purchase is going to have to go on the back burner for a wile. My financial situation is not allowing me to buy another firearm at this time.:(

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Sorry to hear that...but when you get it, it will be all the sweeter when you get to pick it up after the wait. Sorry to hear you have to wait, I know how much that sucks.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have done quite a few classes with both the 40 and 45. Both great weapons, and shoot well. Just prefer the 45 because it is not as snappy, and my follow up shots come quite a bit faster than with 40.

When you are able to buy, what type of retention does your company require in regards to a holster? Comp Tac does make nice gear, but as far as duty holsters go, Safariland is pretty much king.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The company dose not specify anything in the way of retention. The safari land is probably going to be what I get. It offers one duty holster for the XD and it is almost like the thumb break I am used to. And I can't really get a good grip on the 45, plus I have a 40 so all one ammo would be nice, but we'll see after I shoot them both.
    Thanks GM.chief I think you're right I will like it a lot more after the wait, and I also ran into a SIG the other day that caught my eye........

Top Bottom